Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung galaxy note 4

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

I am not getting 4G on my new Note 4 which was bought in a 3 shop which the 3 girl put in the sim card...
    Network mode is correctly showing LTE/WCDMA/GSM and when I search more networks I get two three (4G) options but neither will connect and then the 1st one just reverts to 3G, the second one doesn't do anything at all.
    I'm living in town and had 4G 99% of the time with my previous Samsung Galaxy 4 / Sony Z3.
    Anyone else have this problem?
    I rang up 'Support' in India and her solution was to try someone else's sim which I'm not in a position to do...

It might be a bad sim card according to the 3rd person on support but he def seemed to be more knowledgeable.
    I'll drop into 3 in Henry st tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Hi guys. Anybody know where to get the note 4 at a good price without bill pay in Ireland?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,227 ✭✭✭Sam Mac

Eoin247 wrote: »
    Hi guys. Anybody know where to get the note 4 at a good price without bill pay in Ireland?

O2.ie with the PUPG code for 535.99

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Got mine the other day and very impressed. never had a big phone or the latest flagship for that matter so its a serious step up for me and I love it so far. Im still getting used to the size of it in my pocket taking it out and in is still a bit weird.

I am with vodafone and guess I have one question for people about the firmware. I seen the post to get the stock firmware but I just want to know is it worth it and what are the benifits really?

Any advice much appreciated people :)

I ended up getting a refund but now have no phone, a bit paranoid about getting a second note or for that matter any phone from 3!!
    I have my sim but need to try it on a 4g capable phone to see if I am not jinxed with 3!!
    Anyone?

I ended up getting a refund but now have no phone, a bit paranoid about getting a second note or for that matter any phone from 3!!
    I have my sim but need to try it on a 4g capable phone to see if I am not jinxed with 3!!
    Anyone?

I'd say just go for a replacement.

Sam Mac wrote: »

What's the PUPG code? Also would the phone be locked to O2? I'm currently on 48 which I think is technically the same network but I'm not sure if an O2 locked phone would accept a 48 sim.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

What's the PUPG code? Also would the phone be locked to O2? I'm currently on 48 which I think is technically the same network but I'm not sure if an O2 locked phone would accept a 48 sim.

You can unlock your phone easily enough, doesn't even cost that much to do. I, along with a couple of others around here, bought the Vodafone prepay handset (for a time Vodafone was the only place to get one!), unlocked it and flashed stock firmware. I'm running my Three sim in my unlocked Vodafone Note 4 with no issue. Cost me €20 from the sim-unlock website.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭AngelaRI

battser wrote: »
    I am with vodafone and guess I have one question for people about the firmware. I seen the post to get the stock firmware but I just want to know is it worth it and what are the benifits really?

Any advice much appreciated people :)

Biggest benefits I can see are removing the provider bloatware, and getting your updates directly from Samsung (rather than waiting for Vodafone to release their version some time later)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,037 ✭✭✭youcancallmeal

AngelaRI wrote: »
    You can unlock your phone easily enough, doesn't even cost that much to do. I, along with a couple of others around here, bought the Vodafone prepay handset (for a time Vodafone was the only place to get one!), unlocked it and flashed stock firmware. I'm running my Three sim in my unlocked Vodafone Note 4 with no issue. Cost me €20 from the sim-unlock website.

For anyone doing this it is worth pointing out that if you have any issues with your note 4 and have to return it you will lose the unlock and have to pay for it again. Still by far the cheapest way to get it right now!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭kave2

Anyone received the NK4 update? Just got it this morning. Don't see any differences.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

kave2 wrote: »
    Anyone received the NK4 update? Just got it this morning. Don't see any differences.

Downloading now... So has it fixed the Gallery issues... Drum Roll has started!

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭kave2

Downloading now... So has it fixed the Gallery issues... Drum Roll has started!

What gallery issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,085 ✭✭✭paddydriver

kave2 wrote: »
    What gallery issues?

The long delay to preview a photo after you take it, sometimes doesn't work at all. Many having the problem but some not as affected. I have a huge amount of photos on it and I think may be contributing but even when I took out SD and saved to phone it still occurred.

Anyway, upgrading now so will know soon enough:confused:

The long delay to preview a photo after you take it, sometimes doesn't work at all. Many having the problem but some not as affected. I have a huge amount of photos on it and I think may be contributing but even when I took out SD and saved to phone it still occurred.

Anyway, upgrading now so will know soon enough:confused:

Gallery issue not really fixed in NK4, still takes upwards of 5 seconds to open a picture just taken. Only difference I noticed was recent apps loads slightly quicker but still quite slow overall.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Just got a Note 4 at the weekend. One thing I noticed though was it uses about 30% of the battery at night. Any ideas on what might be draining the battery? What's the best way to close apps or could it be the live wallpaper I have (stock phase one that came with the phone)? Thanks

Penn wrote: »
    Just got a Note 4 at the weekend. One thing I noticed though was it uses about 30% of the battery at night. Any ideas on what might be draining the battery? What's the best way to close apps or could it be the live wallpaper I have (stock phase one that came with the phone)? Thanks

Mine uses 3-5%, I have wi-fi and cell data turned off so nothing syncs during the night. Sounds like you have some rogue app eating up battery in the background. Get GSAM battery monitor or something similar and it will tell you what apps are doing what. Even the in built battery monitor might tell you what apps are eating it all up, go to settings > power saving

Anybody have any idea what this PUPG code is? On O2 I'm only seeing the phone for well over 600 on prepay.

Or is there anywhere else I can get the phone at a decent price? I know there were some on offer a few days ago for 550, but I can't find anything close to that now.

• Advertisement

Anybody have any idea what this PUPG code is? On O2 I'm only seeing the phone for well over 600 on prepay.

Or is there anywhere else I can get the phone at a decent price? I know there were some on offer a few days ago for 550, but I can't find anything close to that now.

Get an O2 prepay SIM, register it online, click 'Upgrade' once you are signed in on O2.ie, add Note 4 to your cart for 669 euro, on checkout, enter PUPG in the coupon box, bringing it to 535.99 total. Get it unlocked for 15.00. That is exactly what I did to get my Note 4.

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭battser

Flashed to btu thanks for all the previous details.

Quick one that's annoying me is the constant vodafone update notification that won't clear. Anyone else get that and manage to sort it out?

Happy Xmas all btw :)

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭mickredirl

Get an O2 prepay SIM, register it online, click 'Upgrade' once you are signed in on O2.ie, add Note 4 to your cart for 669 euro, on checkout, enter PUPG in the coupon box, bringing it to 535.99 total. Get it unlocked for 15.00. That is exactly what I did to get my Note 4.

Just ordered my note4 today from O2 :-) Happy Days. :-) I'm delighted. Can't wait to get the phone and great discount tooo. I did what Sam Mac suggested and bought the phone online for €535.99.. Thanks for that information Sam Mac :-) you made my day :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 877 ✭✭✭65535

Hi,
    Just setup SideSync 3.0, brilliant app, control Note 4 from PC/MAC, copy and paste to phone etc.
    It needs the app on the phone and an install on the PC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,929 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

Anyone else finding their battery life has dropped like a stone since installing the latest NK4 firmware?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DylanK

Hey all,

Does anyone have difficulty logging in to the account upgrade? Whenever I clicked "log in" it came up an error page, I have contacted O2 and it seems they are experiencing issues with this. Just wonder is it only my account or there are others like me.

Now I'm only wishing they would fix this before 31st so I'll be able to avail the 20% discount!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Upgraded from Note 2 to this great phone.
    Quick question When you do an Image clip with the S Pen how do you save that clip into the clipboard instead of Scrapbook?

Also any recommendation for phone editing app so can say erase something from a picture that in the phone? Couldn't seem to do it in the Photo Studio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

Can anyone recommend a slim case that I can purchase in Dublin.. ordered one off amazon that came today but it was the wrong one (note 3!). Glad to see the gallery issue isn't just me, it's ridiculous that their flagship phone still has such a basic flaw! I'm find it crazy frustrating..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

unklerosco wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend a slim case that I can purchase in Dublin.. ordered one off amazon that came today but it was the wrong one (note 3!). Glad to see the gallery issue isn't just me, it's ridiculous that their flagship phone still has such a basic flaw! I'm find it crazy frustrating..
    Got a nice case from techhub.ie with inbuilt stand

Guys, anyone interested in buying my Note 4 Spigen Red Tough Armor case from me?

€10+€2 postage. pm me. like new

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭wayne040576

So I got my Note 4 about 3 weeks ago. I was planning to get a spare fast charger for it but I've only discovered that it's next to impossible to buy a replacement Samsung Adaptive charger.
    Apparently it also supports Quickcharge 2.0.
    Would anyone know of any good chargers that support this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,233 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Is there any way to stop the "Complete action using" message coming up all the time? It seems to reset itself every few hours and I have to select the same app again. (Eg. If I'm using Reddit is Fun and click a link to a youtube video, I have to select to open it in Chrome and to always open it in Chrome. Yet a few hours later, it'll ask me the same thing again. Or opening a link from Twitter with Chrome instead of Internet). It gets annoying, particularly as you get the message after that saying how to reset defaults after that. Reset defaults? I can't f*cking set defaults!

Anyone recommend a reliable place to get phone unlocked in Dublin?? Thanks :0)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

mickredirl wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a reliable place to get phone unlocked in Dublin?? Thanks :0)

I just unlock mine with an unlock code I bought online. Not sure if that's the way to go... Working perfect though!

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭DylanK

symbolic wrote: »
    I just unlock mine with an unlock code I bought online. Not sure if that's the way to go... Working perfect though!

hey which website did you use? According to the seller on ebay, it seems like the samsung server is down at the mo? I have been waiting for a week for my unlock code yet there's no sign of receiving it :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭Nikond800

DylanK wrote:
    hey which website did you use? According to the seller on ebay, it seems like the samsung server is down at the mo? I have been waiting for a week for my unlock code yet there's no sign of receiving it 

Dylan,
    I've unlocked mine through sim-unlock.net.
    I found them very good. A number of people mentioned them on here a few months ago

Nikond800 wrote: »
    Dylan,
    I found them very good. A number of people mentioned them on here a few months ago

I have just checked with a number of companies that do the unlocking codes for phones. They are all having the same problem with getting unlocking codes for samsung phones. Apparently the main server that does unlocking codes for samsung phones, that is with Samsung themselves is down and has been down for the last two weeks?? If your waiting on a unlocking code, then your going to be waiting a while!!! :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,272 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

I want to root the phone. Is there any pre-rooted btu firmwares out there?

From my googling today it looks like there is no way to root without tripping the knox counter? Correct?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭symbolic

Dylan,

Sorry, yep thats who I used too, and got mine in about 10mins

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭LUZ

im so annoyed, i was waiting for the prices to come down after the xmas silly season , and checked yesterday on meteor and theyve put it UP by 100€!! im raging, dont really want to move but vodafone has is for 229 on their lowest tariff. grrrrrr.

LUZ wrote: »
    im so annoyed, i was waiting for the prices to come down after the xmas silly season , and checked yesterday on meteor and theyve put it UP by 100€!! im raging, dont really want to move but vodafone has is for 229 on their lowest tariff. grrrrrr.

Do flagship phones ever really go down in price before their successor arrives?

• Advertisement

Basil3 wrote: »
    From past experience the usual came down at xmas that's why I was waiting. But I can't understand how meteor can put their price up when everyone else has stayed the same! The xperia z3 is free on the same tariff and that doesnt really make sense either, they started at the same price before december. Sorry for the rant im just annoyed because I need a phone!!

Basil3 wrote: »
    From past experience the usual came down at xmas that's why I was waiting. But I can't understand how meteor can put their price up when everyone else has stayed the same! The xperia z3 is free on the same tariff and that doesnt really make sense either, they started at the same price before december. Sorry for the rant im just annoyed because I need a phone!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

guys does anyone know a place where can be a note 4 unlocked? the code way is not gonna work as samsung servers are down and the eta is 2-3 weeks to get the code....

so the only option is shop.. but does anyone know which? Dublin area will do..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭Nikond800

Bikerguy wrote:
    guys does anyone know a place where can be a note 4 unlocked? the code way is not gonna work as samsung servers are down and the eta is 2-3 weeks to get the code....

Bikerguy wrote:
    so the only option is shop.. but does anyone know which? Dublin area will do..

I'm guessing that all shops that unlock phones use the same servers as those that are down?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

My biggest problem with this phone is that when you're watching a full screen video for 10secs the screen goes to sleep (goes dim first then turns off). Doesn't seem to happen all the time, but most. I'm talking about watching something through Chrome rather than an app like YouTube.

Anyone else experience this? I understand that screen should go to sleep if not used,but when you're watching a video fullscreen it should not happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭deep1

8-10 wrote: »
    My biggest problem with this phone is that when you're watching a full screen video for 10secs the screen goes to sleep (goes dim first then turns off). Doesn't seem to happen all the time, but most. I'm talking about watching something through Chrome rather than an app like YouTube.

Anyone else experience this? I understand that screen should go to sleep if not used,but when you're watching a video fullscreen it should not happen

Make sure Smart stay is on in display setting, it won't turn off as long as you are watching.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,286 ✭✭✭Bikerguy

I'm guessing that all shops that unlock phones use the same servers as those that are down?

you can unlock other way not only by code... by magic box... but for that you gonna need it. if i will be able to unlock the phone by code i will go defo online...

Does anyone know any shop in Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭nicebutdim

Is anyone having a problem with battery life diminishing. Used to get 2 days out of a charge no problem but now down to 50%. Haven't rooted and think i'm on the original firmware (ANJ4). I have my suspicions about the fast charging but with no evidence to back it up! Thanks....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭8-10

nicebutdim wrote: »
    Is anyone having a problem with battery life diminishing. Used to get 2 days out of a charge no problem but now down to 50%. Haven't rooted and think i'm on the original firmware (ANJ4). I have my suspicions about the fast charging but with no evidence to back it up! Thanks....

I've never been able to get more than a day on a full charge, including being on power saving mode exclusively from day 1. Battery life is shocking and a lot worse than my iPhone 4S which I use for work

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

8-10 wrote: »
    I've never been able to get more than a day on a full charge, including being on power saving mode exclusively from day 1. Battery life is shocking and a lot worse than my iPhone 4S which I use for work

Mine lasts forever, never engaged power saver mode, best battery I ever had on a phone by a country mile.

Advertisement