Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Paramedic degree

• 15-12-2014 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭

Hi I follow the emergency services topics quite closely and know that paramedic is moving to a 4 year degree course but that's where the info ends for me!

I'm wondering does anyone know when it is being rolled out and if they have any links to a course lay out, entry qualifications, mature student option etc.

I tried google but cant get anything definitive so hoping someone here could shed some light on it.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,395 ✭✭✭sjb25

mojopin10 wrote: »
    Hi I follow the emergency services topics quite closely and know that paramedic is moving to a 4 year degree course but that's where the info ends for me!

I'm wondering does anyone know when it is being rolled out and if they have any links to a course lay out, entry qualifications, mature student option etc.

I tried google but cant get anything definitive so hoping someone here could shed some light on it.

Thanks

I no the one in UCD was ment to be rolled out in September 2015 but I did hear that is put back till 2016 il stress that's what iv been told
    There is also one in UL I think there is one for current paramedics at the moment but there is supposed to be another one for the public so maybe try UCD or UL for more info I don't no much else really I haven't looked into it I would not be in a position to go back to college for 4 years I'm on the NAS student paramedic panel so am hoping to go that route so that's as much as I can tell you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭mojopin10

Cheers for the reply appreciate it. Four years would be rank quite frankly but just looking for all the info before I make a decision!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

mojopin10 wrote: »
    Cheers for the reply appreciate it. Four years would be rank quite frankly but just looking for all the info before I make a decision!

Four years funding myself and also college fees would be my main problem so that's why the NAS student paramedic route would be my only option but that thread D Trent linked and contacting those two colleges should answer most the questions you have

If it's a 4 year Advanced Paramedicine course it would be worth it for anyone but if it's not AP, then go across the water and get the same qualification in 2 yrs

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭jimmy5694

Hi guys I'm a first year in the University of Greenwich, I moved across in September to do the BSC Hons Paramedic Science London and would highly recommend it.

More information: http://www2.gre.ac.uk/study/courses/ug/hea/b781

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,221 ✭✭✭braddun

I would join the fire service

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

braddun wrote: »

Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauld81

Because...?

????

• Advertisement

Bcos DFB wud train him as a Paramedic

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭pauld81

D Trent wrote: »
    DFB just ran a recruitment campaign already this year. No other fire service qualifies above EFR, very occasionally EMT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Bang Bang

D Trent wrote: »

Not to Degree level, if that is what the original poster is looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 kev1986

jimmy5694 wrote: »
    Hi guys I'm a first year in the University of Greenwich, I moved across in September to do the BSC Hons Paramedic Science London and would highly recommend it.

was looking at that course myself for next year as a mature student, whats are the entry requirements like and also the fees??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 246 ✭✭emmet the rover

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 86 ✭✭mojopin10

cheers for the info but moving to England would be an option! Thanks again though

Advertisement