Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OSX Clean Install

Options
  • 27-08-2014 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Just looking for some advice, the hard drive on my 2010 MBP failed so I replaced it with a new SSD. Now I'm getting around to putting an OSX on the new drive but I'm not exactly sure how... I've read guides online using a USB drive and DiskMakerX which I can follow but when I tried it myself I couldn't get it to work. What version of OSX should I be trying to use or does it matter?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭Greentree_uk

plug into a network and hold down cmd and R

• Registered Users Posts: 1,118 ✭✭✭Onecoolcookie

plug into a network and hold down cmd and R

Yeah I tried that before but I get an error message everytime I click to reinstall Lion, any other suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

Yeah I tried that before but I get an error message everytime I click to reinstall Lion, any other suggestions?
    Maybe detail what you've done and what the results were otherwise everybody is wasting their time. Alternatively you could give it to somebody and get them to do it for you.

Advertisement