Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Postgrad Degree in Computer Science

Options
  • 09-08-2009 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭

I was going to put this on my post about evening classes but decided to make it a thread of it's own so I hope the mods are OK with that.
    I am in thinking of applying for the Degree in Computer Science (http://www.cs.ucc.ie/courses/pgprogrammes-full.php#MSC_IN_COMPUTING_SCIENCE)
    The deadline for applications is the 31 August, I have a feeling that's been extended more than once already. Does this mean they are struggling for numbers?
    I don't know if I would be accepted, I have a second class honours degree in Software Development from IT Tralee from a couple of years ago and I was a pretty dedicated student so I could convince interviewers of my ability if given the chance.
    If there is anyone here who has done the course then I would appreciate any information as the info on that link is pretty vague. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭haven27

I just completed a taught Msc in UCC in the Computer Science Department, the course is not being run this year but I was accepted on a second class honours degree from an IT and was not straight out of my degree.

Have no information about this course as I didn't do it and I think it's new this year and they have changed most of the MSc courses around.

I'd say apply anyway and see what happens, I got accepted for the two MSc's in UCC I applied for last year (since you can do this and pick one). If you want any info about the dept or whatever feel free to pm me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭lukin

haven27 wrote: »
    I just completed a taught Msc in UCC in the Computer Science Department, the course is not being run this year but I was accepted on a second class honours degree from an IT and was not straight out of my degree.

Have no information about this course as I didn't do it and I think it's new this year and they have changed most of the MSc courses around.

I'd say apply anyway and see what happens, I got accepted for the two MSc's in UCC I applied for last year (since you can do this and pick one). If you want any info about the dept or whatever feel free to pm me.

Thanks for the reply, I pm'd you.

Advertisement