Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlewhite Apts and Security

Options
  • 27-07-2009 12:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 49

I've prepared myself for the likelihood that its gonna be a dive, but what're the wardens like? My boyfriend lives in Dublin and might come down a few weekends. Will we have problems with him staying there?

There's an "overnight visitors rule" mentioned as one of the code of discipline sanctions, but no explanation of what this rule is. Help?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

The rule thing is that if you're caught with someone staying over it's like a €30 fine. But, you can sign someone in at reception to stay over - I think the fine thing is just there to scare people and it's an insurance thing, so they'll know the number of people in an apartment in case of fire etc.

Having said all that, never heard of anyone getting caught - my brother, his friend, three of my friends from home and my boyfriend all stayed over during the year and I think I only signed in my brother the first time he stayed, that was it. As long as you're not making noise like a party or anything you wouldn't be in any trouble - the warden only checks an apartment if there are complaints from other residents afaik. It's not that strict at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

the castlewhite apartments are currently being gutted and redone so they may not be a dive at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 notnormal

thanks a mil :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Casper89

While on the subj. of Castlewhite, can anyone ease my nerves by telling me that after they sent the deposit and received a transaction no. as proof of payment, they haven't heard from Castlewhite since? It's not just me?:p
    Someone told me you don't actually know what kind of room you got 'til you turn up in sept.?

you got a transaction no. as proof of payment? More than I have, I got nothing since the email with the link for paying the deposit :eek:

*EDIT* never mind, found it haha

thanks for making me check though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭Casper89

notnormal wrote: »
    you got a transaction no. as proof of payment? More than I have, I got nothing since the email with the link for paying the deposit :eek:

*EDIT* never mind, found it haha

thanks for making me check though

haha no prob!:P so that's all you heard from them too?? kinda scares me, got the worst case scenario playing over and over in my head...show up with all me crap, excited to get things going and then, *WHAM* "computer says 'no'!":eek: I have no room!:(
    and you'd think after putting in order your preference of rooms, after paying they'd let you know if you'd gotten your 1st, 2nd or 3rd, etc.:confused:

yeah i know. my friend's the same though, she's applied as well. we put down our preference of rooms and to share with each other, etc, but apparently we wont know whether we've gotten our preference til after we pay the full amount, and we may even have to wait til we show up before we know whether or not we'll be sharing a bathroom with 6 people!!! *shudder*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,680 ✭✭✭confusticated

Yeah they don't send you any info in between and you don't find out anything about the room situation til you arrive and get your key. Everyone there's in the same boat though.

Could someone who's lived in Castlewhite before please tell me how you confirm that you're taking up your place?

Do they email you after the offers asking you to confirm it, or just wait for you to contact them?

Help?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,548 ✭✭✭Same As

Ring their office and ask!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Korasa

If you are a fisrt year student just entering UCC this year you will be receiving an email from the castlewhite reception in about 2-3 days requesting either the full whack payment for the year(about 5500 quid) or the initial installment of half that with the rest to be payed in febuary.
    The reason for the lateness in regards to the contact is they were waiting for college offers to go out, which is next week if i am not mistaken.

While i myself am i first year i can bask in the knowledge i have my castlewhite place as i am moving in with a bunch of second years and i got contacted earlier! :D

(Heres hoping i actually get a ucc place >.>)

Advertisement