Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What can I do with these boxes?

Options
  • 16-07-2014 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Hi guys. I'm helping a friend clear out his rented apartment, and the previous tenant left a selection of UPC & Sky boxes behind. There's this "UPC Media Box Digital video recorder"...

m78fnp.jpg

This UPC Technicolor box, which looks like a router...
    vq06py.jpg

And this Sky box...
    zsk084.jpg

I'm wondering 2 things:
    (1) Can these be flogged on Adverts?, or are they still considered the property of UPC & SKY, and would be taken down off the site?
    (2) If I don't have a UPC connection, is the UPC media box any use? Is there anything I can use it for at home?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 829 ✭✭✭smellmepower

UPC equipment remains the property of UPC,customer just rents it off them so you couldn't sell it.You could flog the Sky box alright,as the customer owns it from day one.

UPC box and router are useless without a UPC connection and a valid subscription.Could use the Sky box to get the free to air UK stations if you have a satellite dish though.

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭kelbal

UPC equipment remains the property of UPC,customer just rents it off them so you couldn't sell it.You could flog the Sky box alright,as the customer owns it from day one.

UPC box and router are useless without a UPC connection and a valid subscription.Could use the Sky box to get the free to air UK stations if you have a satellite dish though.

grand, thanks

Advertisement