Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Digital Aertel on UPC

Options
  • 09-07-2014 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭

I received an email from UPC today confirming that Digital Aertel is now available on the UPC platform.

From UPC:
    We are delighted to announce that the digital Aertel service is now available for you and you can access it on the following channels,
    • RTÉ One
    • RTÉ Two HD
    • RTÉ One HD
    • RTÉ One + 1
    • RTÉ Two
    • RTÉ News Now
    All you have to do is press the text button on your remote control and over 400 information pages are at your fingertips.

I have no idea if this Horizon or all digital boxes. Has anyone been able to access it yet?

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

Yeah I can access it on a regular Mediabox HD, so not just Horizon. Looks not dissimilar to the Saorview version. Took their time about it, we were promised it two years ago!

Its not quite the end of WST Aertel yet either, as its still on UPC analogue (although I'm not sure anyones still using it - Aertel, I mean!). I think Sky customers can get it too but only if their connected via SCART, not HDMI.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭white_westie

Same here, have older black dvr box.
    Too slow for me though, prefer good old Aertel.
    Don't have sky, but still pick up Aertel on encrypted rte1 on sat boxes
    Long may it last..............

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,335 ✭✭✭mike2084

Have it here too. I think the situation that the analogue Aertel is still available on upc analogue and Sky via scart is correct

Advertisement