Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Horizon & Slingbox Solo (HDMI & SCART Connected)

Options
  • 18-04-2014 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭

Hi All,

I have UPC Horizon box, on the back it has a HDMI and SCART connection. I have my TV hooked up to HDMI and a Slingbox Solo hooked up to the SCART, so I have two devices connected. I have power settings set so the UPC Horizon box should never go asleep.

The problem is, if the HDMI connected TV is powered off, the Horizon box won't show anything except the error below #2040, see pic.

BlY4HyRCIAE5Jjs.png

If I change the video source from HDMI to SCART, it still won't work. I am not trying to watch two sources at once, as that actually works fine (once HDMI TV is turned on it works).

Any ideas?

Thanks, jr.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭lukejr

Anyone experience similar issue with the new UPC box? I am considering purchasing the more expensive Slingbox with HDMI.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,740 ✭✭✭degsie

• Registered Users Posts: 265 ✭✭lukejr

Technically I guess it would be a second TV connected to the one box via SCART. But even if I go into settings of the Horizon box and set SCART as the primary video output it still does not work if a HDMI cable is plugged in.

A Sling Media Slingbox 500 should work better as it has a HDMI pass through and should keep the Horizon box happy.

Advertisement