Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC Horizon 1030 install errors, staying after wait periods at least 1 hour.

Options
  • 05-09-2013 8:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi all,

i've been talking to support and it sounds like there's a lot of us who are now having this error 1030 when trying to install.

So far, i've had 3 x 8 hour attempts to allow this to install, so its definitely had more than an hour, and in fairness to support, they did try to genuinely support, but basically it sounds like this problem has just surfaced and its affecting multiple customers. I've also had multiple 1hr+ iterations with no luck.

What's odd is that we just wanted to watch some TV - so put the old standard def box back in - which was working prior to ordering horizon - and now it too is giving me an install screen just sitting there.

Is anyone else having this problem - or has some idea on how its solved? My current situation is that AFAIK im still in the cooling off period - given that there's no solution in sight, i'm very tempted to cancel this altogether, rather than being stuck with a non-functioning service.

AFAIK i'm meant to be on a list with this problem and should get some callback when there is a solution, but its already been 24 hours since my last chat to support with no sign of a resolution. I appreciate the guys working there are trying to find a solution, but I don't want to be stuck with a lame duck.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭JKGT

Was this a fresh install (New Horizon Box), just curious as I had the same error today when setting up a new box and it turned out to be a problem with the provisioning on there end....

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭chris_john_lane

I Installed my box yesterday and Internet stopped working. So I did a reset on it. Now it's stuck on the instalation page. Help!!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

I Installed my box yesterday and Internet stopped working. So I did a reset on it. Now it's stuck on the instalation page. Help!!

Mine has done this now just stopped working after 5 months reset box stuck on installation language selection
    Did u get it sorted

Mine has done this now just stopped working after 5 months reset box stuck on installation language selection
    Did u get it sorted

Yes I had to phone them. They reset the box from their side. Then I Installed it as normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

Yes I had to phone them. They reset the box from their side. Then I Installed it as normal.

the reset on their side didn't work have to wait until tuesday for a new box now fecking useless quite strange as the internet works

• Advertisement

the reset on their side didn't work have to wait until tuesday for a new box now fecking useless quite strange as the internet works

Doesn't sound like the same problem I had, I Installed the box and the Internet stopped working so I reset it and it got stuck on installation page.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 houseinthesun

I had the same issue with Horizon, spent hours on the phone with them, they did all the above - reset - factory reset - signal boost etc etc.
    I have multiroom and my old digital box was still working perfectly.
    Sent out Engineer who spent best part of 5 hours in the house, told me they would replace the box, came home from work that evening and original box was still in use and I had all channels working.
    1 week later all channels disappeared again, went through same routine, nothing worked, this time they delivered new box by courier.
    New box didn't work either, transferred my old digital box from the other room and that wouldn't work either - deducted it must be a cable problem.
    I ran a new cable from the wall junction box out to horizon box and picture was perfect - the splitter in the 2nd wall box was faulty, replaced that and I have all channels working better than ever, get no pixelation or freezing which would appear sporadically before I replaced the wall mounted splitter.

Advertisement