Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool FC Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours Thread 11/12 MOD POST #1130

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,692 ✭✭✭Dublin_Gunner

Leiva wrote: »
    My point still stands .....Would the likes of Rafa etc work under that structure ?

(ps) this makes me weak at the knees ....

Lucas
    Sissoko

Belhanda

Fook sake don't say that. Not sure we could survive another season without you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,343 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

My point still stands .....Would the likes of Rafa etc work under that structure ?

(ps) this makes me weak at the knees ....

Lucas
    Sissoko

Belhanda

better alright than me puking my bowels at thought of starting next season with potentially...

Spearing----Adam

Henderson

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

:(

Well ill put it like this, at the time we had hoped that he might sign a rabbit out of the hat as it were. But theres nobody saying now oh why didnt we sign Aguero insted of Carroll or Mata instead of Downing. What we are saying is we could have done a lot better with that money which doesnt mean buyin players for astronomical wages.

Im sure we can expect a lot more trivial and bitter tweets from PD in the meantime.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Also the media interpretation of money spent. You release a player on a free who is on 80k a week for the next 3 years. Money saved 12.48m.

This is the only bit I'd take any heed of. Think he's referring to the termination of Jovanovic's contract and actually implying the net spend of Dalglish was actually even less than what most people would assume.

It was mentioned on here before a few times, but I don't ever remember it being pointed out that releasing Jova from his contract saved the club 12m minus the severence pay.

Add that too to loaning out Cole and Aqua, both on high wages, and you can see where maybe the logic lies and the money is saved.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,655 ✭✭✭El Inho

Knex. wrote: »
    I think we need to buy backup for Segura. If a serious injury happens we can't expect Spearing to step up for another full season.

screw you and all....

with this formation im aiming for director of communications...obviously.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Nope and that's why he isn't coming back. The structures being touted are designed to be Rafa/Capello proof.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Good thing we are insulated, last thing we need is a Rafa or Capello type, driven bastards who win things and drag the best out of those around them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Leiva

mike65 wrote: »
    Nope and that's why he isn't coming back. The structures being touted are designed to be Rafa/Capello proof.

Then I really cant see any sense in it .

The only way I can see it work is if the club has done a total 180° turn and a complete change in direction and policy .
    If this is the case- then my goodness there is a serious amount of players in the squad that need to be shifted a.s.a.p , or there will be a lot of square pegs getting shoved into round holes .

Again I have no issue with change but the club have a responsibility to clearly communicate this to the fans, and not let things fester for too long .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I'm not sure there was a bunch of typo's there Kess. Are any of them Belgian??? :P

Welliton definitely has promise, however I wouldn't be entirely sold on Hoilett.

Welliton's strike rate in Russia is excellent, and that's a tough league, from which players seem to mostly make a good transition to the Prem.

Hoilett could be another Charlie Adam. To be fair to the lad I think he's 10x the footballer, but its the whole 'looking brilliant in a very poor team' that may make him a very risky purchase.

However, he is young, and apparently wants to get himself eligible to play for England - which would suit us down to the ground as he'd obviously have to be pushing his performances to keep himself on the radar.

Oh, and Sissoko already had his chance with us :P

Most of my Belgians have been bought by other clubs over the past five or six transfer windows and the last of them looks to be going elsewhere this window :( What with Defour, Dembele, Chadi, Courtois, Vermalen, Lukaku, Witsel, De Bruyne, and Boyata all been bought by other clubs

There are a few more belgians that look good, but they are in the 18 to 21 bracket and would not be good enough yet imho for the EPL.

My logic with Hoilett is that he is a good player already with plenty of potential, but the money we save on a transfer fee might be the difference between getting the other three over just getting two of the other three (or players of similar quality), plus Hoilett could not help but to improve with the likes of Suarez, Belhanda and Welliton moving around him in the final third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Of course he would because it's a defined structed, he took jobs at Inter and Valencia working under sporting directors aswell.

Rafa didn't want control at Liverpool for the sake of it, he could see Heighway in the academy producing good teams but crucially the quality of players weren't upto standard. So Rafa wanted to implement changes to the academy system which is starting to bear some fruit now.

He also wanted control of the transfer side of things from Rick Parry, which is understandable aswell.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,942 ✭✭✭missingtime

Dotsey wrote: »
    Of course he would because it's a defined structed, he took jobs at Inter and Valencia working under sporting directors aswell.

Rafa didn't want control at Liverpool for the sake of it, he could see Heighway in the academy producing good teams but crucially the quality of players weren't upto standard. So Rafa wanted to implement changes to the academy system which is starting to bear some fruit now.

He also wanted control of the transfer side of things from Rick Parry, which is understandable aswell.

Interesting point actually, if he had faith in the people above him he might be alright. Considering he brought Segura to the club in the first place, I'm sure they could get along.

Still dont think he's gonna be the manager.

or Mata

To be honest after all the raving about Mata in here I haven't been overly impressed with him at all the times I've watched him play, a few of us were just talking about it last night actually how people are still raving about him despite him not playing as well as people make out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,704 ✭✭✭G.K.

He was fantasti earlier in the season. He's just got tired recently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Kess73 wrote: »
    Most of my Belgians have been bought by other clubs over the past five or six transfer windows and the last of them looks to be going elsewhere this window :( What with Defour, Dembele, Chadi, Courtois, Vermalen, Lukaku, Witsel, De Bruyne, and Boyata all been bought by other clubs

There are a few more belgians that look good, but they are in the 18 to 21 bracket and would not be good enough yet imho for the EPL.

My logic with Hoilett is that he is a good player already with plenty of potential, but the money we save on a transfer fee might be the difference between getting the other three over just getting two of the other three (or players of similar quality), plus Hoilett could not help but to improve with the likes of Suarez, Belhanda and Welliton moving around him in the final third.

How much do you reckon Welliton would cost? Don't really follow Russian football and don't have an idea of their market. I know Anzi are spending big at the moment and the likes of Zenit have done so in the past.

If we showed interest and Spartak seem inclined to sell would it be a case of the other Russian teams, plus top European teams such as Juve and Napoli, getting involved in a bidding war and us spending upwards of 25-30m for him?

Now, I'm all for that, as he definitely seemed to have the quality whenever I've seen him play in Europe and he seems to have quite a good reputation, it's just I wonder could we afford him while strengthening the other areas we need adequately.

Mata is quality .

He is just not been utilised correctly at Chelsea and in some games being asked to do too much .

If Chelsea strengthen around him we may all watch out .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,819 ✭✭✭Hannibal

Interesting point actually, if he had faith in the people above him he might be alright. Considering he brought Segura to the club in the first place, I'm sure they could get along.

Still dont think he's gonna be the manager.
    I don't think he will be myself although he would be my first choice.

@Fourth_Official: Norwich have made an official approach for Liverpool's Dani Pacheco regarding a perm deal #NCFC #LFC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Made the point earlier that he was starting for them in Championship and was a good player for them.

Maybe it's worth keeping him as a squad player for the season and seeing if he has it or not, otherwise loan him to Norwich for the season and see what happens.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,386 ✭✭✭✭DDC1990

He tweeted "Vamos Rafa" 4hours ago?

He's coming back and bringing Rafa with him!!!

Or he could have a buddy called Rafa, or he could have been watching Nadal play Tennis? :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,588 ✭✭✭daithijjj

This is the only bit I'd take any heed of. Think he's referring to the termination of Jovanovic's contract and actually implying the net spend of Dalglish was actually even less than what most people would assume.

It was mentioned on here before a few times, but I don't ever remember it being pointed out that releasing Jova from his contract saved the club 12m minus the severence pay.

Add that too to loaning out Cole and Aqua, both on high wages, and you can see where maybe the logic lies and the money is saved.

I think the crux of all points combined is that wages are becoming largely irrelevant in terms of mainstream speak of what has been spent, when they should actually be more relevant than the fees.

This is why people just pass off loaning out players like mentioned. The money saved can be massive on the balance sheet as the exposure on the player is reduced.

I think it was worked out long ago that Aquilani would cost the club around 35 mil all in. Assuming the clubs we loaned him to are paying 100% of his wages, our exposure on the player has been reduced by nearly 7 mil. If there was a loan fee it would reduce further. He has 2 years left. Apply that to Jova and Cole and what you end up with is simply getting rid of players you dont want saves you quite alot. Im fairly confident Maxi would be on nice wages too being a free transfer.

Unrelated but i saw earlier that Pacheco is coming back to us as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭ollie1

DDC1990 wrote: »
    He tweeted "Vamos Rafa" 4hours ago?

He's coming back and bringing Rafa with him!!!

Or he could have a buddy called Rafa, or he could have been watching Nadal play Tennis? :/

Rafa Nadal won tennis final in Rome today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,590 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Mata is quality .

He is just not been utilised correctly at Chelsea and in some games being asked to do too much .

If Chelsea strengthen around him we may all watch out .

Showed flashes in early season but gas been absolute muck in the last few weeks I thought he was blessed to start the final last Saturday and the game passed him buy yet again.
    While I think he has shown promise has definitely not set the world alight

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,385 ✭✭✭✭D'Agger

Showed flashes in early season but gas been absolute muck in the last few weeks I thought he was blessed to start the final last Saturday and the game passed him buy yet again.
    While I think he has shown promise has definitely not set the world alight

The game passed by Mata??

I'm sorry but the only time Chelsea looked like doing anything in Bayerns half with the ball on the floor instead of being hoofed at Drogba, it was Mata on the ball.

His form in the prem hasn't been great but for the little amount of attacking and posession Chelsea had, Mata was pivotal for them imo

How much do you reckon Welliton would cost? Don't really follow Russian football and don't have an idea of their market. I know Anzi are spending big at the moment and the likes of Zenit have done so in the past.

If we showed interest and Spartak seem inclined to sell would it be a case of the other Russian teams, plus top European teams such as Juve and Napoli, getting involved in a bidding war and us spending upwards of 25-30m for him?

Now, I'm all for that, as he definitely seemed to have the quality whenever I've seen him play in Europe and he seems to have quite a good reputation, it's just I wonder could we afford him while strengthening the other areas we need adequately.

My guess would be that he would be in the 20m to 25m bracket if there was no bidding war. I think a similar sized bid to what got Arshavin would get Welliton tbh.

What I am unsure of is how long is left on his contract. His original contract was to end this summer, and up as far as this time last year he had not signed an extension. If his contract is ending this summer, then there would be no big transfer fee involved and I would love to see the boat being pushed out in terms of a big signing on fee in order to attract him.

He is stupidly good with both feet, very fast, strong, good in the air, can play anywhere across the front line or up front on his own, and is a very skillful player who can take a fair bit of physical roughing up. Fantastic player for bringing other players into the attack as well thanks to him being excellent at one touch play and holding the ball up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Vanolder

Kess73 wrote: »

My guess would be that he would be in the 20m to 25m bracket if there was no bidding war. I think a similar sized bid to what got Arshavin would get Welliton tbh.

What I am unsure of is how long is left on his contract. His original contract was to end this summer, and up as far as this time last year he had not signed an extension. If his contract is ending this summer, then there would be no big transfer fee involved and I would love to see the boat being pushed out in terms of a big signing on fee in order to attract him.

He is stupidly good with both feet, very fast, strong, good in the air, can play anywhere across the front line or up front on his own, and is a very skillful player who can take a fair bit of physical roughing up. Fantastic player for bringing other players into the attack as well thanks to him being excellent at one touch play and holding the ball up.

Contracted until 2014.

Vanolder wrote: »
    Contracted until 2014.

Cheers for that. Was not sure if he extended it in the past 12 months.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 327 ✭✭LimGal

daithijjj wrote: »
    AVB.

Infact the Guardian have just posted this 1 minute ago.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/21/romelu-lukaku-villas-boas-chelsea?CMP=twt_gu[/

From that interview Lukaku sounds like a typical nineteen year old to me...............overly dramatic and childish.

LOL at him saying he is a european champion at 19,he maybe technically but I wouldnt be bragging about it too much goin by the amount of goals he scored/mins played for them this season in the champions league.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,542 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just wondering if I'm alone in having no idea who I want as new manager and not being particularly excited by the list of favourites.

Rafa, everyone's favourite here could easily go sour and I don't think FSG will go for him as they want their own man, not a fan's choice but also he didn't do well at Inter Milan at all (often overlooked here).

AVB (Aston Villa Boss?:o) just doesn't excite me at all, Europa Cup win at Porto and a disaster on and off field at Chelsea, surely that must go against him.

Capello, could be the one but wish he was younger.

Rodgers, Martinez etc....risky and unknown quantities in big jobs.

I wonder if FSG could pull somebody else surprising out of the hat.

LimGal wrote: »
    AVB.

Infact the Guardian have just posted this 1 minute ago.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/may/21/romelu-lukaku-villas-boas-chelsea?CMP=twt_gu[/

From that interview Lukaku sounds like a typical nineteen year old to me...............overly dramatic and childish.

LOL at him saying he is a european champion at 19,he maybe technically but I wouldnt be bragging about it too much goin by the amount of goals he scored/mins played for them this season in the champions league.

Only brought up Lukaku as he spoke last night about it, but im sure it wouldnt take that much investigation by a suitor to find out from players what he is like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

I'm told John Henry has become quite the Corrie fan. Linda: more taken with Eastenders.

More to follow.

@OptaJoe: 5 - Top 5 PL mins per tackle 1. Lucas 15.4, 2. Sandro 16.9, 3. Diamé 19.0, 4. Faurlin 20.0, 5. André Santos 20.7. Combative

@TonyEvansTimes: Had texts from Blue friends about LFC manager positition. One says the next candidate to turn the job down will have his benefit stopped!!

Heh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

murpho999 wrote: »
    Just wondering if I'm alone in having no idea who I want as new manager and not being particularly excited by the list of favourites.

I wonder if FSG could pull somebody else surprising out of the hat.

Not at all alone, it's really a tough decision!

I'd like Rafa, although with the apparent structure they want this could lead to difficulties and I don't think they'll go for him anyway. Possible that the media would be on his back as soon as anything went wrong.

After that all the realistic options seem somewhat risky.

Someone said on a previous thread that the idea of AVB both terrified and excited them and I'd agree with that.

Martinez is raved about by a lot and it'd be nice to see us attempting to play good football, but it would be a very risky move for a unproven manager, and I have my doubts about whether he is a big enough personality for the club. Ditto for Rodgers, minus the last point.

Foreign outsiders such as Deschamps, De Boer (although that looks impossible now) and Laudrup could be risky also. I have o say I don't know a lot about them as managers, but Deschamps interests me - a born winner and leader who would certianly have a good tactical knowledge of the game. Can he speak English?

Rijkaard is another that hasn't been talked about much - obviously he had success at Barca but this was outdone by Guardiola. Do we have the players to play his brand of football?

Lucas back and a top quality striker who can finish and I believe we are not actually that far from a top 4 challenge.

I know other positions need to be filled, but it just goes to show that we're not all that far away imo

Morzadec wrote: »
    Not at all alone, it's really a tough decision!

I'd like Rafa, although with the apparent structure they want this could lead to difficulties and I don't think they'll go for him anyway. Possible that the media would be on his back as soon as anything went wrong.

After that all the realistic options seem somewhat risky.

Someone said on a previous thread that the idea of AVB both terrified and excited them and I'd agree with that.

Martinez is raved about by a lot and it'd be nice to see us attempting to play good football, but it would be a very risky move for a unproven manager, and I have my doubts about whether he is a big enough personality for the club. Ditto for Rodgers, minus the last point.

Foreign outsiders such as Deschamps, De Boer (although that looks impossible now) and Laudrup could be risky also. I have o say I don't know a lot about them as managers, but Deschamps interests me - a born winner and leader who would certianly have a good tactical knowledge of the game. Can he speak English?

Rijkaard is another that hasn't been talked about much - obviously he had success at Barca but this was outdone by Guardiola. Do we have the players to play his brand of football?

No Deschamps only conversed strictly in French while playing for Chelsea in England:D

Never uttered a word in English during his time in the country:D

• Advertisement

Put it this way.

If you are a manager approached, what does it say about this policy we seem to be implementing?

Who exactly is going to take the call, do an interview, and then risk getting knocked back?!!!! It is a ridiculous approach imho. Imagine if you havent been contacted so far and you get a call over the next few days?, you already know you are that far down the list that there is already a question over any confidence the owners might have in you.

Martinez is different, bit like winning the euromillions just being on the list i would have thought.

The only way you do this right is by head-hunting and offering the job straight up imo and this is why there is so much uncertainty. Normally level headed people are going batsh1t crazy online with some stuff they are coming out with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,563 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Would it be fair to say Mata succeeded under RDM and their defensive football?
    He was mentioned a while back in the thread as being poor. It under AVB I thought he was excellent and lately he looked tired much like what's his head at Man City that Spanish chap.

I must say Kess' line up there a while back got me all excited!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

A manager approached by Liverpool who goes public about rejecting the approach must also be earning lots of brownie points with his clubs fans for turning down the advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,027 ✭✭✭willowthewisp

Nobody knows for sure if these managers are being officially approached. For a fan group who are so suspicious of the media, too many seem to believe them way too easily.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,206 ✭✭✭✭amiable

Nobody knows for sure if these managers are being officially approached. For a fan group who are so suspicious of the media, too many seem to believe them way too easily.

I'm talking about the ones that come with direct quotes.
    I'd be amazed if Liverpool haven't actually approached Martinez, Rodgers and De Boer.

• Advertisement

No Deschamps only conversed strictly in French while playing for Chelsea in England:D

Never uttered a word in English during his time in the country:D

Spent one year there over 10 years ago. It's certainly possible he wouldn't have a grasp of the language in that time, and would have lost most of it if he had not kept it up. Tevez still can barely speak English apparently!

Not sure what Frenchman of his generation are like at English, but I know Spaniards of his age for the large part tend to be awful and I suspect it's the same in France.

I imagine Deschamps probably has enough to get by though, seems like a clever sort who would make the effort! And the year in England may have helped.

I imagine he's on the shortlist. Another potentially risky one though

Put it this way.

If you are a manager approached, what does it say about this policy we seem to be implementing?

Who exactly is going to take the call, do an interview, and then risk getting knocked back?!!!! It is a ridiculous approach imho. Imagine if you havent been contacted so far and you get a call over the next few days?, you already know you are that far down the list that there is already a question over any confidence the owners might have in you.

Martinez is different, bit like winning the euromillions just being on the list i would have thought.

The only way you do this right is by head-hunting and offering the job straight up imo and this is why there is so much uncertainty. Normally level headed people are going batsh1t crazy online with some stuff they are coming out with.

Think you're being a bit harsh.

Think of the process in normal jobs. Job advertised, people send in CV's and a selection are invited for interview and eventually a candidate is successful.
    Don't think anyone would be offended that there were other people involved in recruitment process.

Now football is a different industry where management jobs are not normally advertised or CV's requested, so I think FSG have done that part themselves and attempting to complete the rest of the process as a normal business would and I think the idea behind it is to give them more options and maybe somebody will be more impressive at an interview than they expected.

If explained properly by FSG then any potential manager should not have a problem with it and trust in his own ability to impress in the process.

Think of the process in normal jobs. Job advertised, people send in CV's and a selection are invited for interview and eventually a candidate is successful.
    Don't think anyone would be offended that there were other people involved in recruitment process.

Now football is a different industry where management jobs are not normally advertised or CV's requested, so I think FSG have done that part themselves and attempting to complete the rest of the process as a normal business would and I think the idea behind it is to give them more options and maybe somebody will be more impressive at an interview than they expected.

If explained properly by FSG then any potential manager should not have a problem with it and trust in his own ability to impress in the process.

He makes a point though - a lo of managers already contracted to clubs will feel like they are putting a lot on the line by going for interview. If they get knocked back, suddenly their fans, and perhaps more importantly their players, are questioning their loyalty and commitment to the club.

That's why Rodgers knocked us back, he said it would've been an insult to the club.

I imagine it's difficult enough to interview for the job without the media finding out, so I can understand why these managers are playing it safe and knocking us back.

Morzadec wrote: »
    Spent one year there over 10 years ago. It's certainly possible he wouldn't have a grasp of the language in that time, and would have lost most of it if he had not kept it up. Tevez still can barely speak English apparently!

Not sure what Frenchman of his generation are like at English, but I know Spaniards of his age for the large part tend to be awful and I suspect it's the same in France.

I imagine Deschamps probably has enough to get by though, seems like a clever sort who would make the effort! And the year in England may have helped.

I imagine he's on the shortlist. Another potentially risky one though

Ah jaysus dont be doin the man a deservice by comparing his language abilities to that tasmanian devil playing for city.

I read only a few weeks ago that his English speaking ability was one of the reasons why abramovich was considering him for the Chelsea position over other candidates like Athletic Bilbao’s Marcelo Bielsa.

Its not the same though, its not a normal job, we are talking about the biggest jobs in football here, where there is supposed to be a certain amount who would be deemed capable. Even in the normal workplace people are headhunted because they are the best out there.

Sure FSG can explain what they want, all they want. At the end of the day, this type of process eliminates a huge swathe of candidates before its even started. Not to mention the ones you now approach who already know they were not near top of the list.

Ah jaysus dont be doin the man a deservice by comparing his language abilities to that tasmanian devil playing for city.

I read only a few weeks ago that his English speaking ability was one of the reasons why abramovich was considering him for the Chelsea position over other candidates like Athletic Bilbao’s Marcelo Bielsa.

Ah right, honestly had no idea what his command of the language was that's why I asked.

Its not the same though, its not a normal job, we are talking about the biggest jobs in football here, where there is supposed to be a certain amount who would be deemed capable. Even in the normal workplace people are headhunted because they are the best out there.

Sure FSG can explain what they want, all they want. At the end of the day, this type of process eliminates a huge swathe of candidates before its even started. Not to mention the ones you now approach who already know they were not near top of the list.

Agreed it's not a normal job so there is no 'right'way to do it.

Maybe FSG felt by headhunting that they are committing themselves to one person based purely on reputation without actually knowing what they are like.

Bear in mind there one managerial appointment so far, Kenny, was someone they would have gotten to know as he was at the club already.

So maybe they just want to meet their new manager before offering him the job on a plate!

@EzizAllamov: Liverpool are amongst the clubs interested in Radamel Falcao of Atlético de Madrid. [via AS] #LFC

Oooooooo

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

@EzizAllamov: Liverpool are amongst the clubs interested in Radamel Falcao of Atlético de Madrid. [via AS] #LFC

Oooooooo

As much chance of me signing for Liverpool as Falcao.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Oooooooo

Get AVB in and it will be a done deal for 10million, Andy Carroll, and Charlie Adams.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement