Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

August Meetup

Options
  • 28-07-2014 11:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭

Hi folks,

Trying to find interest for a Boards LGBT August meetup

Two dates that work for me (both Saturdays)

August 23rd
    August 30th

If anybody has any ideas of what they would like to do post them but just trying to find the general interest first :)

What date suits? 19 votes

Aug 23rd
    0% 0 votes
    Aug 30th
    42% 8 votes
    Different Date
    57% 11 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,799 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Either is fine for me - would prefer 30th though as march for marriage is the 24th and I dont want to be in the city 2 days in a row!

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭Daith

Either is fine for me - would prefer 30th though as march for marriage is the 24th and I dont want to be in the city 2 days in a row!

I was kinda thinking that the 23rd might suit better for people outside Dublin to come up on the Sat, stay for March for Marriage on Sunday and head home after it.

Whatever suits though, I live in this city all the days :)

Daith wrote: »
    I was kinda thinking that the 23rd might suit better for people outside Dublin to come up on the Sat, stay for March for Marriage on Sunday and head home after it.

Whatever suits though, I live in this city all the days :)

I'm easy

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 19 CoffeeAdict

I'm fairly handy as dates go....at a push I'd prefer the 30th

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Ash885

Bump, forgot to add myself to the list! ^^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 hurricanefloss

5 a piece.. nail biting stuff lads

Who had to be the outlier? :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 750 ✭✭✭playedalive

30th should be fine for me. This will probably be my last meet up though since I am moving to France in September.

The meet ups have treated me well and was the important ingredient to me coming out, embracing my sexuality and accepting me as a gay man. There's still work to be done but I'm always thankful for them. :)

30th should be fine for me. This will probably be my last meet up though since I am moving to France in September.

The meet ups have treated me well and was the important ingredient to me coming out, embracing my sexuality and accepting me as a gay man. There's still work to be done but I'm always thankful for them. :)

Thanks for the invite to France btw :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭qweerty

Hey, guys (gender neutral). I was at the Feb one and it would be cool to meet some real-life gay people again - it has literally been that long. :eek: I'm fine for both days.

• Advertisement

Ash885 wrote: »
    Thanks for the invite to France btw :pac:

Of course, that was why I was telling you about France.

Though, for a relatively small town, my new town has a gay nightclub and a gay café. So a meet up in France could be possible;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 newbie90

I should be good for the 30th :) Probably wouldn't be able to make 23rd

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭RagsOBrien

30th looks good for me at the moment but I am flexible.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,480 Mod ✭✭✭✭dory

30th is good for me too!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

30th is Limerick Pride, bad gays :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭qweerty

ninty9er wrote: »
    30th is Limerick Pride, bad gays :pac:

What's that? A solidarity march for the marginalised peoples of Limerick?

So now that the ball is rolling......any ideas what to do? Are people still interested in an afternoon in 3FE or...

So now that the ball is rolling......any ideas what to do? Are people still interested in an afternoon in 3FE or...

I should have closed the poll earlier than the 22nd...but yeah I'd be up for a non-beer thing even just coffee. 3FE sounds fine or maybe Roasted Brown in Filmbase.

Hey so let's say tomorrow at 12pm we will close the poll and see what the date is.

Anybody have any other suggestions for venue?

Hey folks,

So just to get some traction on this will we just say

30th Aug
    Coffee and Cake at 3FE at 2pm

Anybody interested just pop your name below.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 newbie90

1. Newbie 90

newbie90 wrote: »
    1. Newbie 90

2. CoffeeAddict

3 Joeytheparrot

Terry Pratchet

1. Newbie 90
    2. CoffeeAddict
    3. Joeytheparrot
    4. Daith

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭tipperaryboy

Can't make it up for the afternoon

1. Newbie 90
    2. CoffeeAddict
    3. Joeytheparrot
    4. Daith
    5. Ash885

Probably going to make a weekend of it so if anyone wants to head out that night as well!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭RagsOBrien

I won't make the day time get together due to work commitments but will be available in the evening night time of the 30th if that option was there..

The coffee part should be fine for me during the day but have something on later to go to.

1. Newbie 90
    2. CoffeeAddict
    3. Joeytheparrot
    4. Daith
    5. Ash885
    6. playedalive

RagsOBrien wrote: »
    I won't make the day time get together due to work commitments but will be available in the evening night time of the 30th if that option was there..

Im not sure yet - possibly

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement

I have something later to attend to though I suspect we will end up in the George anyway

Advertisement