Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

J1 suggestions and advice

Options
  • 04-05-2015 11:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Im set on doing a j1 next summer (2016) and want to be as prepared and organized as possible so I'm thinking of possible destinations now so i'll have an idea as to how much money i'll need to save and all that!

I'll more than likely be going alone which doesn't bother me. I want to think outside the box and go somewhere original, most of my friends are leaning towards New York, California and Chicago.

Right now i'm thinking of somewhere like Myrtle beach or Ocean City. Texas is also high on my list, but If anyone has any suggestions it'd be great! I want to really experience America if you get me! Preferably somewhere with nice weather.

Also, if anyone has any recommendations on which company to book with and how early in the year to book it id really appreciate it!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Dave1442397

Define "nice weather" :) Myrtle Beach and Texas will both be hot, and parts of Texas are both hot as hell and very humid.

That's fine if you like that kind of weather, and personally I can deal with it, but if you prefer a more temperate summer there are lots of nice places you could try, either in more northern states or at altitude, where it cools down a lot more at night.

Advertisement