Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In need of some inter-railing suggestions

Options
  • 26-04-2015 10:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

I'm going inter railing this June with a friend and we have a three gap in our plans. We're starting with five days in Berlin then three days in Prague and three days in Budapest then we have a three day gap before we spend two nights in Bled followed by two nights in Ljubljana. I was wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere to spend our three day gap? My friend and I are both 21 and we're students so we're looking for somewhere cheap enough to stay with interesting new thing to do and to see and somewhere with good nightlife. It would also need to be accessible from Budapest by train in reasonable time and allow us travel to Ljubljana in reasonable time (i.e. less than 24 hours as out travel pass only gives us five days travel time). Also if anyone has an tips for students staying in any of these cities and looking to do things on the cheap but still have fun please let me know

Thanks!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭ghostfacekilla

I'm not sure if there's a train link as I got the bus last year but Sarajevo is a fantastic city. Lots of fun, full of great bars and of course some very interesting history.

I was only meant to spend 2-3 nights there but ended up staying a week and missing out on seeing Belgrade which is also a great town I'm told.

• Registered Users Posts: 525 ✭✭✭yogalady

sounds great. i have been to bled and i think one night there is all you need. have great time!

Advertisement