Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RWC 2015 - Rugby World Cup 2015 Travel Plans

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭AidanD12

Lots of tickets for sale this morning people.

Lads - was hoping to buy 2 tickets for either the French game or the QF but never seems to be an option to put 2 tickets in the basket for the same transaction. I presume this is because there is only individual tickets left (ie none side-by-side) Was thinking I might just buy 2 individual tickets in 2 separate transactions. Does anyone know if there is any restriction in doing this (eg only one transaction per game)? Risk of course is that I pick up a single ticket and then there is no more left for the game

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭millhousegirl

AidanD12 wrote: »
    Lads - was hoping to buy 2 tickets for either the French game or the QF but never seems to be an option to put 2 tickets in the basket for the same transaction. I presume this is because there is only individual tickets left (ie none side-by-side) Was thinking I might just buy 2 individual tickets in 2 separate transactions. Does anyone know if there is any restriction in doing this (eg only one transaction per game)? Risk of course is that I pick up a single ticket and then there is no more left for the game

I cant see there being any risk. There are getting the transaction fee every time so no complaints from them. I'm sure you'll pick up another one over the next 4 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭Emmet Manning 99

anyone know when some more tickets might go up for sale for the Ireland Vs France game? Anyone ever buy off viagogo? I would if i knew they were reputable as a last resort.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,449 Mod ✭✭✭✭Podge_irl

Have bought 6N tickets of viagogo. They were overpriced but never had a problem. Unless you buy direct from RWC15 though there is obviously no guarantee of anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,074 ✭✭✭✭vienne86

More tickets on sale at 10.00 a.m. this morning, according to an email I just got.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭bigdaddy2010

vienne86 wrote: »
    More tickets on sale at 10.00 a.m. this morning, according to an email I just got.

Are you sure its this morning and not the 28th may?

Are you sure its this morning and not the 28th may?

My mistake - 28 May it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Steven81

Date Match Venue Price Categories
    Sat Sept 19 Tonga v Georgia Kingsholm Stadium A,B,C,D
    Sat Sept 19 Ireland v Canada Millennium Stadium A,B,C,D
    Sat Sept 19 South Africa v Japan Brighton Community Stadium A,B,C,D
    Sat Sept 19 France v Italy Twickenham Stadium A,B
    Sun Sept 20 Samoa v USA Brighton Community Stadium A,B,C,D
    Sun Sept 20 Wales v Uruguay Millennium Stadium A,B,C,D
    Sun Sept 20 New Zealand v Argentina Wembley Stadium A,B,C
    Wed Sept 23 Scotland v Japan Kingsholm Stadium A,B,C
    Wed Sept 23 Australia v Fiji Millennium Stadium A,B,C,D
    Wed Sept 23 France v Romania Olympic Stadium A,B,C,D
    Thurs Sept 24 New Zealand v Namibia Olympic Stadium A,B,C,D
    Fri Sept 25 Argentina v Georgia Kingsholm Stadium A,B,C,D
    Sat Sept 26 Italy v Canada Elland Road A,B,C,D
    Sat Sept 26 South Africa v Samoa Villa Park A,B,C,D
    Sun Sept 27 Australia v Uruguay Villa Park A,B,C,D
    Sun Sept 27 Scotland v USA Elland Road A,B,C,D
    Sun Sept 27 Ireland v Romania Wembley Stadium A,B,C
    Tues Sept 29 Tonga v Namibia Sandy Park A,B,C,D
    Thurs Oct 1 Wales v Fiji Millennium Stadium A,B,C,D
    Thurs Oct 1 France v Canada Stadium MK A,B,C,D
    Fri Oct 2 New Zealand v Georgia Millennium Stadium A,B,C,D
    Sat Oct 3 Samoa v Japan Stadium MK A,B,C,D
    Sat Oct 3 South Africa v Scotland St. James' Park A,B,C,D
    Sun Oct 4 Argentina v Tonga Leicester City Stadium A,B,C,D
    Sun Oct 4 Ireland v Italy Olympic Stadium A,B,C,D
    Tues Oct 6 Canada v Romania Leicester City Stadium A,B,C,D
    Tues Oct 6 Fiji v Uruguay Stadium MK A,B,C,D
    Wed Oct 7 South Africa v USA Olympic Stadium A,B,C
    Wed Oct 7 Namibia v Georgia Sandy Park B,C,D
    Fri Oct 9 New Zealand v Tonga St. James' Park A,B,C,D
    Sat Oct 10 Samoa v Scotland St. James' Park A,B,C,D
    Sat Oct 10 England v Uruguay Manchester City Stadium A,B,C,D
    Sun Oct 11 Argentina v Namibia Leicester City Stadium A,B,C,D
    Sun Oct 11 Italy v Romania Sandy Park A,B,C,D
    Sun Oct 11 France v Ireland Millennium Stadium A,B,C,D
    Sun Oct 11 USA v Japan Kingsholm Stadium A,B,C,D
    Sat Oct 17 QF2: W Pool C v RU Pool D Millennium Stadium A,B,C,D
    Sun Oct 18 QF3: W Pool D v RU Pool C Millennium Stadium A,B,C,D
    Fri Oct 30 Bronze Final Olympic Stadium A,B,C,D

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭collie0708

Does anyone know why they keep realising tickets in small batches like this it seems a strange system as surely they know what the stadium capacities are....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭Shedite27

collie0708 wrote: »
    Does anyone know why they keep realising tickets in small batches like this it seems a strange system as surely they know what the stadium capacities are....
    It always happens like that, for every football/rugby/olympics I've ever bought ticket for. Loads of tickets are held back in case someone needs them, sponsors return them etc. Some people are using the official resale too, which is what people are buying now.

Also, by continuing to release them (and 100k next week) it reduces the power of touts.

• Advertisement

collie0708 wrote: »

Well I only came to this late in the day, so for once I'm glad they're doing it this way! I'd give my eye teeth to get to the Italy game, and get to see the Olympic stadium while I'm at it. Ticket prices are outrageous, but I don't care so much now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭CoDy1

New flights by Ryanair this morning.

Can get Shannon to Cardiff for France game for €220.00

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭xredmanlfcx

Lads, there are 4 or 5 of us thinking of going over for the first weekend to Cardiff, hopefully go to the Ire v Canada game and maybe Wales v Uruguay the following day. We're 18 & 19. Do ye think we'll be ok with kids tickets? It says on the website U16 but they'd hardly refuse teenagers would they?
    We'd buy 1 Adult and the rest kids and split the cost. Its just too dear for us to have to spend €65 each on a ticket in the skies for Ireland v Canada, at our age. We did this recently in the Aviva for a soccer match and there was no problem.

Any thoughts? Cheers.

Lads, there are 4 or 5 of us thinking of going over for the first weekend to Cardiff, hopefully go to the Ire v Canada game and maybe Wales v Uruguay the following day. We're 18 & 19. Do ye think we'll be ok with kids tickets? It says on the website U16 but they'd hardly refuse teenagers would they?
    We'd buy 1 Adult and the rest kids and split the cost. Its just too dear for us to have to spend €65 each on a ticket in the skies for Ireland v Canada, at our age. We did this recently in the Aviva for a soccer match and there was no problem.

Any thoughts? Cheers.

Sounds like your in the best position to answer your own question. If your willing to risk it, go for it. Nobody on here could definitely say you will be admitted. Sounds like it could work though. Would they even check ID on the way in? Although are U16's not supposed to be accompanied by and adult or something like that? Also theres a chance the Canada game wouldn't even sell out so they'd be mad to refuse people entry.

Sounds like your in the best position to answer your own question. If your willing to risk it, go for it. Nobody on here could definitely say you will be admitted. Sounds like it could work though. Would they even check ID on the way in? Although are U16's not supposed to be accompanied by and adult or something like that? Also theres a chance the Canada game wouldn't even sell out so they'd be mad to refuse people entry.

Yes, but just wondering if anyone on here who would be more familiar with going to places like cardiff or other big intl matches would have an opinion on it.
    Thats exactly my thinking, we are relatively young and its not as if its going to be the head man from the RWC or IRB checking tickets - just some part time welsh steward! Just dont want to turn up and be refused either though. I dont see them stopping us but one or two of my friends are nervous.
    Thanks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Newtown90

Yes, but just wondering if anyone on here who would be more familiar with going to places like cardiff or other big intl matches would have an opinion on it.
    Thats exactly my thinking, we are relatively young and its not as if its going to be the head man from the RWC or IRB checking tickets - just some part time welsh steward! Just dont want to turn up and be refused either though. I dont see them stopping us but one or two of my friends are nervous.
    Thanks anyway.

We were in Cardiff over a year ago now for the Toulon Sarries Final. One thing we did note was there was a lot of stewards on the gate so I suppose it's luck of the draw who you get. I wouldn't risk it for the sake of missing the game and feeling like a t*t sitting in the pub next to the stadium for the game :cool:

Glenviewjf wrote: »
    We were in Cardiff over a year ago now for the Toulon Sarries Final. One thing we did note was there was a lot of stewards on the gate so I suppose it's luck of the draw who you get. I wouldn't risk it for the sake of missing the game and feeling like a t*t sitting in the pub next to the stadium for the game :cool:

Fair enough ya. I know but without wanting to sound cheap, we are only teenagers and if its €50 extra each thats €250-300 between the lot of us.
    Anyway, at the moment there doesnt seem to be any CAT D tickets on sale for Ire v Canada at all. Anyone know why? Presuming therell be more up tho I read that tomorrows sale doesnt include ireland canada.
    Thatd mean we'd have to buy CAT C at nearly €100 a pop. Mental.

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭zambrotta11

Fair enough ya. I know but without wanting to sound cheap, we are only teenagers and if its €50 extra each thats €250-300 between the lot of us.
    Anyway, at the moment there doesnt seem to be any CAT D tickets on sale for Ire v Canada at all. Anyone know why? Presuming therell be more up tho I read that tomorrows sale doesnt include ireland canada.
    Thatd mean we'd have to buy CAT C at nearly €100 a pop. Mental.

There are £50 tickets for the Canada available on the RWC ticket website at the moment.

There are £50 tickets for the Canada available on the RWC ticket website at the moment.

So there are. Cheers.

Though the most it will find is 4 together. There were bundles of 5+ there last night, were gone completely this morning and are back (albeit with max of 4 together) now. Strange. Is it just the resale system making them available?

So there are. Cheers.

Though the most it will find is 4 together. There were bundles of 5+ there last night, were gone completely this morning and are back (albeit with max of 4 together) now. Strange. Is it just the resale system making them available?

There is another ticket sale tomorrow morning at 10. Maybe you will have a better chance of getting what you want then.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭emc2

Anyone staying in London getting the train to the Cardiff games?

emc2 wrote: »

Getting the train up the day before but book the the second they become available on NationalRail. I think its 12 weeks out but not certain.

vienne86 wrote: »
    There is another ticket sale tomorrow morning at 10. Maybe you will have a better chance of getting what you want then.

Heard that ya, thanks. But read that the Ire v Canada game wasnt included in the extra tickets being put on sale. Strange if true.

Podge_irl wrote: »
    Getting the train up the day before but book the the second they become available on NationalRail. I think its 12 weeks out but not certain.

Trains I have checked out seem very very dear. Like £70 each way, dear. Thats not right is it? If it is, wouldnt be worth it.

Trains I have checked out seem very very dear. Like £70 each way, dear. Thats not right is it? If it is, wouldnt be worth it.

There are no tickets available yet that far out. Advance tickets (for a specific train) become available closer to the date and will be a lot cheaper. But they'll sell out quickly.

emc2 wrote: »
    +20000.

You can register to be notified by e-mail when they become available here

There are no tickets available yet that far out. Advance tickets (for a specific train) become available closer to the date and will be a lot cheaper. But they'll sell out quickly.

I was checking/comparing prices for july and august and getting those ridiculous prices. Ill keep an eye out. Are ye all staying in london then and train up and down each day or staying in cardiff?

I was checking/comparing prices for july and august and getting those ridiculous prices. Ill keep an eye out. Are ye all staying in london then and train up and down each day or staying in cardiff?

I'm staying in Bristol so training out that way on the Friday.

Not sure advance tickets are available as far out as August which might be the problem. I checked for a random weekend in Jul and found 18 quid e-w tickets. Just keep an eye on it.

Or get a bus, but that's no fun.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭funrunner95

Just a heads up for anyone thinking of going to the England warm up game on September 5th, there's a few tickets gone on general sale on the ticketmaster uk site.

• Advertisement

Heard that ya, thanks. But read that the Ire v Canada game wasnt included in the extra tickets being put on sale. Strange if true.

This is the list as per the email I was sent about the ticket sale tomorrow:

https://tickets.rugbyworldcup.com/staticpages/sitemap.aspx

Advertisement