Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nexus One Bricked.

Options
  • 22-08-2010 10:58pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Ive searched the net for 3 hours but cant find a solution to this.
    My Nexus One restarted & froze on the boot screen . I eventually got it into the recovery menu , but it it unresponsive. Volume + & - doesnt scroll & power button does not select.
    Power button is working because it turns it on.
    Everything I finds suggest reflashing , but fastboot does not see the phone as connected to PC.
    Is there anything out there that can read into a dead USb here. or have I a new paperweight?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

did you try posting on XDA Nexus One forum? you have a better chance at finding an answer there from nexus one devs i guess...

have a decent scroll through xda for answers anyway...theres an answer for anything there at this stage...

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I did . It all relates to using Fastboot & Android SDK. Both require the PC to see the connection. I remember having something similar with N97 , but I was able to get some software that would still see the device via USB.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,734 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

koolkid wrote: »
    I did . It all relates to using Fastboot & Android SDK. Both require the PC to see the connection. I remember having something similar with N97 , but I was able to get some software that would still see the device via USB.

Stupid question but have you got the phones drivers installed on the PC?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I have. Thanks

even if he didnt have drivers on the pc he should still be able to access recovery mode...

if using a windows vista+ machine OS should download the drivers automatically

• Advertisement

Unisng Windows 7. Its not even showing up in device manager as unknown device.

any chance you wiped of the system?

it sounds something that would happen when the system gets formatted for a new rom...

can you flash a rom?

No way to do anything. The recovery menu is unresponsive so I cant even select clear etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭thirtythirty

I'm sure you've been here, but if not, try:

http://androidforums.com/nexus-one/

Solving people's bricks is almost a hobby on that forum!

Thanks for that.
    Im still looking. Everything seems to point towards getting something to read into a dead USB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,992 ✭✭✭✭partyatmygaff

That sounds like something's going on with the bootloader so I doubt it has anything to do with a bad ROM flash or the like.

Try restarting your phone in recovery mode without the sim card or microsd. Does the phone charge via USB or is that not working? If it charges via USB then your USB port isn't dead but if it doesn't then it appears that the bootloader is failing to load USB FASTBOOT drivers as well everything else. If that is the case then you'll only be able to connect via Serial or JTAG. JTAG is out of the question as the method to get JTAG on the phone is still unknown. Serial however...
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=625434

It's definitley not for the faint hearted but if you're in anyway good with soldering cables then you'll be able to discern exactly what's wrong with the phone and be able to fix it that way.

Same results with SD & SIM removed.
    Serial sounds interesting. I might go down that road. Nothing to lose at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,699 ✭✭✭Brian

Did it restart randomly by itself or were you doing something?

No, it wasn't rooted or anything.
    It froze & crashed.
    Trying to remember the last thing I installed, I'm sure its not related though.

Have you contacted HTC?

Baza210 wrote: »
    Have you contacted HTC?
    I havn't . I bought it from the states plus I've already had a good poke around it.;)

HTC UK should still be able to help you out. It doesn't sound like you did anything to directly void the warranty and break the device.

Advertisement