Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Dfs

Options
  • 08-04-2012 7:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

Anyone been in it? We went on today and seemed to have more staff then customers, having said that I saw lots of people signing to buy furniture.

Lots of nice stuff in there but anything we tried was just not comfy, unfortunately !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Diddler1977

brightkane wrote: »
    Anyone been in it? We went on today and seemed to have more staff then customers, having said that I saw lots of people signing to buy furniture.

Lots of nice stuff in there but anything we tried was just not comfy, unfortunately !

Today? Was the centre open?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I haven't been in yet and I'm not in the market for a new sofa at the moment, buit I did see a flyer and had a look at the website, was surprised at the prices, for some reason I thought DFS up north were a good bit cheaper. The prices I saw looked very similar to the likes of Reids which was recently in the cnetre but closed. Also lots of this "RRP 4 grand, yours for 2 grand, 50% off !" constant sale nonsense that Reids got into trouble over several times. Must pop in this week and have a nose around. Do they sell beds?

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭moonbloom

Bought an aubergine leather suite in Dec 2009, Half price!. In DFS.Within two days the arm rests had cracked. They came and replaced all the arm rests, Zipped off the leather and replaced the chip board, it was basically like cardboard . I took pictures. I should have sent the suite back at this stage. One year on the suite was all faded and patchy, leather all saggy and front of seat all hanging down. Back they came and put padding in the seats, said it was the type of soft leather and some fading was to be expected. Not a great job. I am just sick looking at it at now. IOne of the couches, the leather has just turned brown and dirty looking as if they dye has come off. Seats all saggy, and fronts of seats all out of shape. There is a two year manufacture and five years frame guarantee. Phoned last week and they said my two year guarantee was up but as I had problems they would come and assess it. The lad that came agreed that its "not great" but fading was from the sun. Took photos back to the store.The room is north facing and gets no sunlight at all. So it appears you have to keep a leather suite in a dark room? !!. Any way the manager has offered to recover it at a price. I said I have no intention of spending any more money on it. "Bearing with him" till friday to hear the price. Have I a leg to stand on?.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,000 ✭✭✭Pat Dunne

moonbloom wrote: »
    Have I a leg to stand on?.
    The National Consumer Agency ( http://www.nca.ie/ ) is the best palce to contact for advice on this one. I have found them to be very helpful over the years.

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭moonbloom

Thanks for that Pat Dunne. I checked that out, looks like I should have been more assertive in the first place, I usually am. Probably left it too long now, but we will see how it goes friday. Still no intention of throwing good money after bad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,274 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Your problem is probably better suited to the Consumer Issues forum, as this isn't specifically a D15 issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭teR_

Where exactly is this place out in blanch?
    (google maps would be helpful)

Threads merged.

DFS is in the same retail park as Currys and McGuirks in the Blanch Town Centre. It's close to the old Quinn Insurance building.

Hmm never been in blanch don't know the area at all, is it near superquinn? Just can't find dfs on google maps :(

You won't find it on Google maps, it's only just opened. It's in one of the retail parks that surround the Blanch Shopping Centre. You can't miss the centre once you come off the M50 at junction 6 (N3).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

teR_ wrote: »
    Hmm never been in blanch don't know the area at all, is it near superquinn? Just can't find dfs on google maps :(
    Zaph wrote: »
    You won't find it on Google maps, it's only just opened. It's in one of the retail parks that surround the Blanch Shopping Centre. You can't miss the centre once you come off the M50 at junction 6 (N3).

http://maps.google.com/?ll=53.393937,-6.387992&spn=0.007434,0.021136&hnear=88+Lambourn+Rd,+Clonsilla,+Dublin+15,+Ireland&t=m&z=16&layer=c&cbll=53.393837,-6.387838&panoid=a1nDUSMA7b0W0J0nqwzufA&cbp=12,53.89,,0,8.95

It's where Curry's is on Street View here.

FOUND IT! :D

I know i wouldn't have found dfs was looking for currys :p was looking along the main street its up the other way (towards the shopping centre) though ha

M50 i wish :( I'm on L plates coming from swords so back-roads up through finglas for me eek! Feckin aul one and her furniture :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wolf93

<SNIP>

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,007 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Please don't drag up old threads just to bad-mouth a company.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement