Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Problems..

Options
  • 01-03-2009 11:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭

I'm on a laptop,,it's Windows & I'm with Eircom..I've never known how to get wireless internet to work but now I need to. It says Wireless Internet is connected and the signal strength is excellent but it won't connect..Don't know much bout computers so help!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,246 ✭✭✭Scottie99

I'm hopeless with computers, all I do repair the connection.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 todlambe

So first make sure you're connected to your Eircom wireless connection. If you don't know the SSID (the name of the wireless connection) it should be on your literature from eircom. I would recommend changing the name of your wireless connection and the password that comes with eircom as it is EASILY hackable and someone with a little knowledge can hop onto your connection. If you need more info on how to do this just PM me and I'll send you a document I created awhile ago that goes through how to change the SSID and password. Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 2,456 ✭✭✭stick-dan

This seems to be that you have an open connection or simply connected to the network without a passsword meaning your connected to the router but not to the net. Get your wep, wpa or passphrase right click on the connection of yours in the available wireless networks window and enter in whichever it is. Then you'll be fine.!

Advertisement