Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Thieve's Guild Radiant Quest Problem

Options
  • 25-04-2015 2:33pm
    Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭

I suppose this isn't a massive problem, I've finished the Thieve's Guild questline, so the radiant quests aren't essential, but I still enjoy doing them. Anyhoo, my problem is this: I was given a shill job by Vex - plant the stolen garnet in the house of Clan Shattershield in Windhelm.

I did a few other bits before heading to Windhelm, but I duly arrived and proceeded to break into the house and find the chest with the quest marker, but when I opened it and went into my inventory, the stolen garnet wasn't anywhere. I've got barely anything in my inventory, so I'm definitely not skipping over it by mistake.

I ended up using the console command to complete the quest, however when I go back to Vex, the option to ask for a new job doesn't appear. Neither does the option to quit the shill job. Reloading an earlier save isn't an option, because between being in Windhelm and going back to Vex, I found the remaining 5 Stones of Barenziah (I figured I'd hang on until I found the stones, then head back to the guild and get a new job, plus tell her I found all the stones).

I tried using console commands to trigger another shill/burglary/sweep/heist job, but nothing is working. I also tried recycleactor on Vex, but all that did was take her clothes off, so I had to go and put them back on.

Has anyone any ideas of anything else I could try?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,734 ✭✭✭✭degrassinoel

sounds like you could only have missed the pickup from the questgiver - that even that's really weird as they'd have reached a point in the dialogue where it'd drop into your inventory and once it's there, you cant remove it afaik.. unless...

Can it be sold after the original quest is done?

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I don't think any of those shill bits can be sold. I know any time I've had stuff like that in my inventory and I went to sell stuff, the loot or thing I was supposed to plant didn't even appear as a sellable item.

Advertisement