Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency. Need Expert Help. NMS FormMail

Options
  • 18-06-2010 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭

I don't want to paste all the code here as there is a lot of it but basically on my site here http://www.djbarcoe.com/contact1.html

You Fill out 1 of 2 forms.

I haven't made any changes to these Pages: example_form, feedback or nms_formmail.

the formail being the one where it actually sends the info to my email: barcoe4@hotmail.com

And now today, you fill it out, Click Send. It doesn't go to my hotmail Account.

The nms page pops up with my 'I have received your details' part but There's Nothing in my Inbox!! :(:( This was working yesterday. AhhH!!!

:( I really need this resolved. I basically Copied and pasted everything involved and changed the html to match my site. Formail Did it all for me.

What has gone wrong with my nms Form??? :(
    :rolleyes:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,145 ✭✭✭DonkeyStyle \o/

Why don't you try it with another email address, just in case hotmail has begun rejecting the emails for some reason.
    I don't use hotmail myself, but a few people I know get weird bounces... worth a shot for the amount of work involved anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,164 ✭✭✭BaRcOe

Why don't you try it with another email address, just in case hotmail has begun rejecting the emails for some reason.
    I don't use hotmail myself, but a few people I know get weird bounces... worth a shot for the amount of work involved anyway.

Yeh thank you! My Hotmail has been acting up/been slow recieving emails just today..

I'll try that, If I can figure out how to do it.. and drop a reply here about it after !

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

are u using a perl script ? :confused:
    why is there loads of games after u submit.....:(

Placebo wrote: »

Perl Script? I don't know. I just follwed the instructions from Register365 aobut Formail. Copy, Pasted, Changer html...etc

The Games: Uhm, I dunno, it's my first site I got a bit carried away I guess, and they're addictive..

So any ideas? My Hotmail seems to be ok right now. So I don't think it's that.

I didn't touch that nms page the last few days. I don't understand why I stopped recieving them into my hotmail. sad times..

Placebo wrote: »

Yes it is a NMS Perl Script..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Are the CHMOD permissions on the .pl file correct, they should be set to 755.

Edit: Seems the form is sending properly, have you checked that they just arent going into the junk folder as it doesnt recognise the sender??

Axwell wrote: »
    Are the CHMOD permissions on the .pl file correct, they should be set to 755.

Edit: Seems the form is sending properly, have you checked that they just arent going into the junk folder as it doesnt recognise the sender??

Yeh I've checked Junk Folder and all that, My Filters have not been altered since a few months ago when I was creating different folders for my different Mail.

The problem lies between The Web Server Sending to My Hotmail Account.
    Hotmail isn't recieveing it for some reason from my web server at register 365?
    What are the possible faults that may have occured to prevent this?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,461 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Did you check the CHMOD permissions on the file like I said above..

Axwell wrote: »
    Did you check the CHMOD permissions on the file like I said above..

Yeh I just changed it to 755 there. Still nothing in my inbox. :(

sad times..

Advertisement