Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheeky memory nicker

Options
  • 02-03-2009 9:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭

brought my water damaged netbook to a shop to get a letter stating not economic to repair for insurance. Guy was lovely, told me to come back and he would have it ready for me. Insurance finally sorted out claim so tonight I dismantle netbook to take hard disk out and discover the memory is missing. I'm just amazed at the cheekiness of him!! and I wouldn't mind but he said to me when the insurance was sorted out to bring the netbook back and he might give me a few quid for it.

You'd have to laugh!!!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,960 ✭✭✭DarkJager

Where exactly was the memory removed from? (front or back of laptop?) Are you sure its not under the keyboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭PurplePrincess

Its gone from the motherboard, I took the whole lot apart as I wanted to retrieve the hard drive before disposal. I built my own pc so i know what I'm looking for but obviously I didn't look nerdy/techy to the guy in the shop!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Report it and give him the opportunity to return the RAM, might not get you anywhere but at least it'll put the wind up him.

MC

Advertisement