Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

JK2: handy console commands and stuff

Options
  • 04-05-2002 7:39pm
    Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭

Following a conversation on IRC i decided to paste a few handy console commands for anyone who wants to make the singleplayer game a bit more interesting.

To access the console hold SHIFT and press `.

Most of the following commands need cheats to be enabled, type "helpUsObi 1" at the console to enable cheats.

Cmds i've tested and understand pretty much fully:

g_knockback (default 1000). This is the amount you or the enemies get knocked when subjected to push/pull/lightning or an explosive weapon. Fun for sending enemies flying, or just making force lightning seem that bit more effective.

g_speed (default 250). Speed of the player movement.

g_saberRealisticCombat (default 0). Higher values increase the power of the saber, allowing you to dismember enemies. Above 2 and enemies limbs will fall off at the slightest touch of a saber. (So do yours, so be careful ;)).

cg_thirdPersonRange (default 80). The distance of the third person camera from the player. Combined with
    cg_thirdPersonMaxRange (default 150). The maximum distance of the third person camera from the player.

cg_fov (can be set between 80 to 100 afaik). Angle of your field of view.

Cmds i dont fully understand:

g_saberAnimSpeed (default 1). The speed at which the saber moves when you swing. Allows you to have Obiwan vs Vader style saber battles or more Episode 1 style ones, speed wise anyway. Seems fairly straight forward, but should probably be combined with

g_saberMoveSpeed (default 1). This doesn't appear to make any difference, but should probably set it at the same value as the AnimSpeed.

g_spskill (default 0.. i think). Singleplayer skill level, not sure which numbers represent which difficulty, though.

g_dismemberment (default 3) and g_dismembermentprobability. Not sure what they do, presumeably to do with dismemberment although with saberrealisticcombat on default 0 it doesnt appear to do anything.

g_saberAutoBlocking (default 1). Allows you to disable autoblocking, don't know how to bind a key to block with saber though.

There are loads more commands but these are the most useful ones that i've come across. Enjoy cutting up some stormtroopers and reborn :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Practical

n1 ,
    I was looking for some of those commands for ages.
    Do you know how to get the darth vader light saber , i know the command but doesn't seem to work :/

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Uh, Vader used the same saber as everyone else, i presume you mean Darth Maul ? :)

Afaik its only available in multiplayer, could be wrong though. Only works on cheat enabled servers, but you can use it with bots.

/devmap ffa_bespin (or whatever map you want)

Take out your saber and turn it off.

/THEDESTROYER

the screen should rumble and your saber should ignite and be double ended. Make sure you type it in caps and there is no space before the /.

• Registered Users Posts: 468 ✭✭Practical

Originally posted by kaids
    Uh, Vader used the same saber as everyone else, i presume you mean Darth Maul ? :)

Afaik its only available in multiplayer, could be wrong though. Only works on cheat enabled servers, but you can use it with bots.

/devmap ffa_bespin (or whatever map you want)

Take out your saber and turn it off.

/THEDESTROYER

the screen should rumble and your saber should ignite and be double ended. Make sure you type it in caps and there is no space before the /.

Darth Maul, thats the one. I was tired so leave it out :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,020 ✭✭✭Ry

Just so ye know. g_sabermovespeed is the speed you move while swinging. Set to 0 means when you swing your saber you dont move at all. Set to 1 means you can move normally while swinging and so on. You can slow yourself down obviously by entering a number between 0 and 1.

Advertisement