Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

That's the way fund raisin' go...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

I'll go 270

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 728 ✭✭✭Los Lobos

€300

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,633 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Los Lobos wrote: »
    €300

Five euro increments only

Los Lobos wrote: »
    €300

As Cidey said, if you're happy to bid that'll be 275 from you Los Lobos (and thanks dude)

Ah lads, does the great boards.ie strictness never stop?

Anyway yea €275

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

€280, don't want to be the only one here not to have made a bid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,945 ✭✭✭trout

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭SnakePlissken

290, great cause.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

Very sorry for your loss, hope the auction goes well, it's a very worthwhile cause.

• Advertisement

€300!

Regina just confirmed this to me:
    Another thing, the NES we're sending was Jay's personal nes. That's the one Jay filmed his Zelda no death run on.

So there you have it, it's even more special...Jay's personal NES & one used to make a video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,265 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

€310

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,886 ✭✭✭Steve X2

• Advertisement

Master of the Universe

€330

€335

Master of the Universe

€345

• Advertisement

€355

Master of the Universe

/Checks down the back of the couch.

€365

• Advertisement

Just a brief interruption to thank everyone who has bid so far & those who helped spread the word about this, thank you all very, very much folks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ohana

If you can't already tell, I have a truly amazing cousin!!! Paul, thanks for caring so much to coordinate all this! I wish I knew what a "US Nes console-60Hz" is but it doesn't matter because Game Chasers and Regina, your hearts are huge. Thanks everyone for bidding!
    Colleen (Adriennne's Aunt)

ohana wrote: »
    If you can't already tell, I have a truly amazing cousin!!! Paul, thanks for caring so much to coordinate all this! I wish I knew what a "US Nes console-60Hz" is but it doesn't matter because Game Chasers and Regina, your hearts are huge. Thanks everyone for bidding!
    Colleen (Adriennne's Aunt)

It has been my pleasure Colleen, but it couldn't have happened without Regina & The Game Chasers. Welcome to boards.ie & big hi from us all here at the Arcade & Retro forum :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

What an amazing cause, you guys are amazing.

This will hurt the bank but it's for such a good cause...

€425 :)

Edit - Bid retracted due to unforeseen circumstances

• Advertisement

So, seven days left to go before the auction ends. I've been really taken aback by the bids & support here folks, once again thanks to everyone that has voted/spread the word. Best of luck to anyone still in the hunt!

AlanS181824 has retracted his bid due to unforeseen circumstances. That brings the highest current bid back to myself at 420.

Ok folks, the last day to win this is tomorrow. Don't forget the auction ends at 18:00.

Ok folks, today is the last day. Just to recap, the auction ends at 6pm, & whoever has the highest bid at that time will be the proud owner of Jay's personal NES. This is signed by Billy, Jay & Melvore...and the winner will get two pictures of the three guys holding the console. These pics don't exist anywhere else & are only for the winner. The NES is obviously very common, but I think most will agree, this one in particular is truly unique & by no means something you can just buy. It was also used to make Jay's Zelda No-Death Run video on...so this ranks very highly on the retro bragging rights list!

As of right now, all bid restrictions are lifted. Bid whatever you want, the only thing I ask is that your bid is €5 higher or more than the previous one. If in the event of multiple bids at the last minute or so, the very last bid showing at 18:00 will be classified as the winner. Best of luck to anyone left standing!

I'm going to have to be a total chode & retract my bid, it seems I'm not getting some additional funds I had expected this month, & this leaves me stretched thin. Apologies, but we're only dropping back by a fiver...& if Trout is willing, it leaves him in the lead now at 415. I have to head out now, but will be back before this ends. Good luck if anyone is looking to place any further bids :)
    trout wrote: »

90 mins left :)

• Advertisement

15 mins...

Ok, time is up. I'll hold off on the congratulations until I hear back from Trout, as he's reinherited the highest bid from me...

i win :eek:

^ You win dude...thank you so, so much. And thanks to everyone who bid & everyone who spread the word, you all helped so much. This raised far more than I thought it would, & I couldn't be happier. I'll throw in my retracted bid to bring it back up to 420 (I'll be covering the customs/import fees for the NES too)

Trout, congratulations & thank you very much for bidding as much as you did. I'm delighted this is going to a good home, I'm highly jealous, but still glad :D

And also, a massive, massive thanks to Regina, Jay, Billy & Melvore. Obviously this couldn't have happened without their extremely kind gesture. Regina has been hugely helpful, & I can't thank them all enough. Not only that, but for Jay to donate his own console, wow, what a gesture.

Massive thanks to Dav who gave this whole thing the green light from the Boards end. Mr E, Ciderman, & LoGiE too...who kindly let us use the A&R Marketplace as the host forum. Very kind & understanding of you guys, & this means I don't have to pay fees or anything from the proceeds & the full amount can go to the scholarship.

trout, thank you once again, & again everyone who bid. I'll pm you once the console arrives to me & we can sort out the rest then.

Thanks all :)

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement