Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit Charges

Options
  • 31-07-2014 6:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭

Hey

When I signed up, I didn't want Direct Debit due to job circumstances at the time. However, this was set up, and I was charged 15e of a direct debit fee (along with a bank charge of 10!!!). I spoke with a rep over chat on June 4th advising this, and said I wanted it cancelled. She advised to send a letter which I did. Again the following month I was hit with a DD charge, though not on the bank side as I had already cancelled it with them.

I would like these charges removed from my bill please. I will be re-setting up the DD in about a months time, but currently, paying via online suits me better.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

chrislad wrote: »
    Hey

When I signed up, I didn't want Direct Debit due to job circumstances at the time. However, this was set up, and I was charged 15e of a direct debit fee (along with a bank charge of 10!!!). I spoke with a rep over chat on June 4th advising this, and said I wanted it cancelled. She advised to send a letter which I did. Again the following month I was hit with a DD charge, though not on the bank side as I had already cancelled it with them.

I would like these charges removed from my bill please. I will be re-setting up the DD in about a months time, but currently, paying via online suits me better.
    Hi chrislad

Please send me a PM including your eircom account number and I will investigate this further.

Thanks
    Al

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Any update on this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭eircom: Colm

Any update on this?
    Hi chrislad

Unfortunately Al is on leave this week and unfortunately I cannot currently access his PM's but feel free to PM me the account no and I will follow this up.

thanks
    Colm

Sent

Thanks for the reply. Another PM has been sent.

• Advertisement

I don't wish to be rude, but an issue like this should not take 18 days to not resolve. It's relatively minor in the grand scale of things. I've heard nothing since sending the requested email on August 13th.

I don't wish to be rude, but an issue like this should not take 18 days to not resolve. It's relatively minor in the grand scale of things. I've heard nothing since sending the requested email on August 13th.
    Apologies chrislad

I had been on leave since the sixth, I'll follow up on this and get back as soon as I have more info.

Thanks
    Al

There's no issue with yourself, Alan. Colin explained that you were on leave, which I hope you enjoyed, so he took ownership. The lack of response is all on him, not you.

There's no issue with yourself, Alan. Colin explained that you were on leave, which I hope you enjoyed, so he took ownership. The lack of response is all on him, not you.
    Hi chrislad

I have followed up on this and removed the related charges. Apologies for the inconvenience and delays.

Thanks
    Al

Thank you very much!

• Advertisement

Thank you very much!
    No worries chrislad

Al

Hi, it looks like I've only been adjusted for one of these charges where there was 3 (perhaps 2) - Can you advise please?

Hi, it looks like I've only been adjusted for one of these charges where there was 3 (perhaps 2) - Can you advise please?
    Hi chrislad

Sorry to hear this, I'll look in to your account and get back to you today
    Thanks
    Al

I didn't receive notifications from this thread so only seeing this now.

I didn't hear anything back.

I didn't receive notifications from this thread so only seeing this now.

I didn't hear anything back.
    Hi chrislad

Yes this appeared three times and I have now just refunded you the remaining two. Apologies for the mix-up.

Al

Advertisement