Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The "What's That Song" Thread [ PLEASE READ ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

There is a song on the buddy holly cd that came recently in a newspaper. It's called just talking by a band called tonic. I've looked it up online using the title, lyrics, band name and I can't find anything. Anybody know what song I'm talking about and how I can find it online.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,115 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Whispered wrote: »
    There is a song on the buddy holly cd that came recently in a newspaper. It's called just talking by a band called tonic. I've looked it up online using the title, lyrics, band name and I can't find anything. Anybody know what song I'm talking about and how I can find it online.

Is this it?
    http://www.arkade.com/artists/Tonic/tracks/Just+Talking.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 14,772 ✭✭✭✭Whispered

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Recent song with a flute in it?

It was this :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 306 ✭✭fta93

Anyoone know the name of the song in the background of the RTE world cup coverage? when they are going back to studio and showing the group tables and the likes,Its kind of a brazilian dancy song?

Dying to know this too! It could be this, maybe an instrumental of this? Sounds alike-ish, not sure though. (and RTE just used it on an ad for the WC too..)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAkqJT_sMKQ&feature=kp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Royce McCutcheon

fta93 wrote: »
    Dying to know this too! It could be this, maybe an instrumental of this? Sounds alike-ish, not sure though. (and RTE just used it on an ad for the WC too..)

By Jove I think you found it! Its been bugging me for weeks! Cheers!
    If I find the RTE version somewhere Il try to throw it up here!

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭ShaneMc2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BAkqJT_sMKQ&feature=kp

I always thought it was the instrumental for ''Dar Em Jeito'' but this one sounds possible aswell.. Possibly a remix of both? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Yiannis

Hello lads,

I am watching the "1990 Fifa World Cup Film - Soccer Shoot-Out". There is a song when the Irish fan joins the van with the Dutch fans. Anyone knows which song is it? You can listen to it at 32:28 on youtube (I can't put link as I am a new user). Search for "1990 FIFA World Cup Film - Soccer Shoot-Out" it is the one that lasts 1:40:56 Any help much appreciated!

Thanks!

Y.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

Anyoone know the name of the song in the background of the RTE world cup coverage? when they are going back to studio and showing the group tables and the likes,Its kind of a brazilian dancy song?

It's a remix of Vivir Mi Vida by Marc Anthony.

Found the right one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCxsqB0PvKs

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭connacht100

I just found the right one. Its Marc Anthony - Vivir Mi Vida (Versión Pop)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭santino

Anybody know the song in this new ad for Ford? I've tried Shazam but no joy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_U3gdIicowo

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Hard to Soundcloud this one, but that melody....

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,926 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

^ It's Salvation by Gabrielle Aplin

• Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭Worztron

Hi.

What's the name of the song that was played just before and after the RTE World Cup ad breaks?

Mitch Hedberg: "Rice is great if you're really hungry and want to eat two thousand of something."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 marchantnick

I heard a song on the radio the other day, it had a kind of super mario loop in it and I think also a sample from an Eminem track. There was a British rapper on it, and the chorus was done by another guy (who was rapping but didn't really sound like a rapper at all, he sounded a bit shy and boring). I'm pretty sure the radio DJ said it was from Tinie Tempah in 2008 but I might have mixed up the name or year.

I've been trying to find it on the internet but haven't got it yet. Any ideas?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Any ideas what's the name of the song on the Irish Water ad?

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭tiegan

Hear a song on Beat 102/103 last night on Ray C's show, has a well known chorus, "put your hands up, put your hands up, put your hands up") - anyone any ideas, tried googling but cam up with way too many lyrics. Thanks peeps :)

Mr. G wrote: »
    Any ideas what's the name of the song on the Irish Water ad?

Eventually found it:

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭mike2084

mike2084 wrote: »
    Hi everybody this is a real long shot but I will give it a shot and see if someone knows :)

Does anyone remember the theme tune for RTÉ's live showjumping from Salthill, Dublin and Millstreet used from the late 80's until at least 1999. I used love it when I was younger can still hear the tune in my head to this day but Google and YouTube have come up blank. So I'm hoping someone can recall the tune and possibly who it was by. Thanks

Posted the original post some time ago on here, but have finally found a YouTube of this video, I starting to think it's an RTE produced theme though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JimReaper24

I'm looking for a song I heard on the radio yesterday and actually saw the video for but cannot remember the name of! It was in the Top 40 the last time I checked but I can't find it there now! It was a remix of a soft song with a girl singing and the main riff was electric guitar. Any ideas?

• Advertisement

I'm looking for a song I heard on the radio yesterday and actually saw the video for but cannot remember the name of! It was in the Top 40 the last time I checked but I can't find it there now! It was a remix of a soft song with a girl singing and the main riff was electric guitar. Any ideas?

If it was the Top 40 it should be on this:

http://www.irma.ie/aucharts.asp

Any lyrics?

Song on the new Vodafone ad anyone? It's an ad for festivals and Vodafone. Too short to shazam it.

Song on the new Vodafone ad anyone? It's an ad for festivals and Vodafone. Too short to shazam it.

Is it the one that starts in the car and zooms out while the voice over lists all the different things you're seeing?

If so it's The Mother We Share by Chvrches.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 JimReaper24

No, I said I can't find it there now. Don't know why because it was definitely there on Saturday night! Can't remember the lyrics either.

Or, if it's not the one I mentioned above and is the other one, the Centre Stage one, the song is Your Wish by Talisco.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,651 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

What was happening in the video?

Or, if it's not the one I mentioned above and is the other one, the Centre Stage one, the song is Your Wish by Talisco.

That's the one, thanks! I was a bit vague on the ad, seen it again there and it was for Centre Stage yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 driver8

Hi,

I know its a long time after the original query, and I'm answering my own query (#4484 on Page 299)

I stumbled upon the song recently. It's 'Seesaw' by Katydids

Cheers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,234 ✭✭✭Fresh Pots

What song is sampled in this one. I know it from somewhere but I can't remember what the songs called.

Edit: Axwell - I found you is what I was thinking of. Very similar sounding.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭uggybear

Anyone know the song used in RTE's World War One centurion documentary promotion? Here's the clip: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=LexQD4psykI

Advertisement