Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please help me style this dress!

Options
  • 30-07-2014 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭

Ok guys, another one of these threads:o. This dress has me a little stumped, its for a family wedding in mid August, I'm going with black sandals and a black clutch but I am at a loss for what jewelry to go for.
    Its not your typical summer wedding dress, but I fell in love with it, I think it depends on the accessories whether or not it could look a little bit ... "christmassy"... hope that makes sense!:P
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/71jBj4t3oQL._SL1500_.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,111 ✭✭✭Jamaican Me Crazy

My first instinct would be a simple silver chain with a slight drop / pendant and simple silver earrings but not hoops or anything long. I think I'd leave the wrists bare because of the detail on the skirt of the dress. I think less is more here. Black shoes and bag will be spot on.

It is a gorgeous dress.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

fab dress, where is it from?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭gg2

jadie wrote: »
    fab dress, where is it from?

Its soaked in luxury, I saw it in a boutique in Dublin but they didn't have it in my size but I managed to hunt it down on Amazon :) Its such a beautiful dress on too:D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I think to keep it looking summery and fresh I would pair it with a coral shoe, I think that would look fab and really compliment the detail on the bottom of the dress. If you do go with that shoe you should keep accessorise to a minimum and just let the outfit do the talking.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

Fab dress, I just found it on amazon too!! Can you tell me if the sizes are true to size? Or if you would consider it be a small fit or a large fit?
    Thanks!

• Advertisement

HelgaWard wrote: »
    Fab dress, I just found it on amazon too!! Can you tell me if the sizes are true to size? Or if you would consider it be a small fit or a large fit?
    Thanks!

I'm a 12-14, and on the tall side, I went for the XL and it fits perfectly. I tried the large on in the shop and it was much too short (for a wedding) and I could see my underwear through the material... Hope this helps!

anna080 wrote: »
    I think to keep it looking summery and fresh I would pair it with a coral shoe, I think that would look fab and really compliment the detail on the bottom of the dress. If you do go with that shoe you should keep accessorise to a minimum and just let the outfit do the talking.

I see what you mean, but I'm going for a film noir look hair and make up wise so think its best to stick to black shoes and bag:o

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Pinkmoon19

Beautiful Dress, I love it!!

There is quite a lot going on in the base of the dress so I would keep it simple. I think either a simple silver necklace or it could look really nice if you did a delicate updo with a drop earring. Maybe something along these lines http://www.libertyinlove.co.uk/tiffany-vintage-pearl-drop-earrings.html

Maybe with something like this http://media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/52/2c/29/522c29775068e13491e6dcda81f62dfd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭HelgaWard

Hi,
    i can't post links cause I'm a newby, but if you go to the newlook website and got to handbags and then clutches they have some really lovely embellished clutches, I reckon you'll find one there that will compliment this dress,
    Helga

Advertisement