Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are expensive eye primers or exfoliators any better than the cheaper ones?

• 31-07-2014 11:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭

Hi as a client of Therapie I paid about E30 for Murad exfoliator, but a few months previous I had bought Superdrug own brand Exfoliator, is there any reason to pay 5 times as much?. Likewise got a sample of a mac eyelid primer, is this better than the cheaper alternatives? and is an eye shadow primer the same as for the rest of the face?..what is a primer really, is it just a moisturiser?
    Thanks
    K

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭PinkLemonade

Eye primers should be a good base for your eye shadows, they should improve how it applies and how it looks and it should make your eye shadow last all day. Urban decay primer potion is very good and nothing ive tried compares.

As for exfoliators, it's more a personal thing, chemical exfoliators will cost more, and more concentrate products with better quality ingredients will cost more. I exfoliate gently everyday with a muslin cloth, use S&G scrub your nose in it in the shower and about once a week use clinque clarifying lotion, all very different prices all exfoliate but in different ways!

Personally I rarely buy high end products unless I've tried a sample first

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,112 ✭✭✭StripedBoxers

For eye shadow primers, I've only tried one high-street one, and that was a Gosh one and it was useless, it did nothing.

I've tried the primer potion by Urban Decay and again was utterly useless. I now use the NARS Smudge Proof Eyeshadow primer and it is amazing. It's expensive (about €25 I think) but it lasts all day even with the cheapest eye shadows, once my shadows go on, they do not budge an inch with this stuff.

Also with that NARS one, if I am going somewhere and need my make up to last all day without budging, I will use this under my eyes and before I apply concealer, it keeps my concealer in place all day without fading/wearing off, creasing or moving etc.

As its expensive, I don't use it every day though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Freiheit

Thanks, Therapie the Laser Clinic try to sell their own products, to their clients, understandable I suppose, they are a business but they are so expensive, thanks for explaining difference.

Could a moisturiser or a good quality sunblock even work as a primer ? :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,186 ✭✭✭dee_mc

Freiheit wrote: »
    Thanks, Therapie the Laser Clinic try to sell their own products, to their clients, understandable I suppose, they are a business but they are so expensive, thanks for explaining difference.

Could a moisturiser or a good quality sunblock even work as a primer ? :)

Olay do a moisturiser and primer combi, but I haven't tried it. I haven't found a regular moisturiser that has the effect of a primer :)

Advertisement