Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Work rider experience

Options
  • 30-07-2014 8:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4

Im starting my grooms course and riding course in a few weeks. on completion of the course if i turned up at a trainers yard would i be allowed to work for free to gain further experience. The stable im goin to work in is a show jumping stable and will be working 6 days a week. Would a trainer accept me for free work on a sunday and other days im off?? thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

mick1986 wrote: »
    Im starting my grooms course and riding course in a few weeks. on completion of the course if i turned up at a trainers yard would i be allowed to work for free to gain further experience. The stable im goin to work in is a show jumping stable and will be working 6 days a week. Would a trainer accept me for free work on a sunday and other days im off?? thanks

Is this course through race or where.

Is it TB. S you want to work with or with sj. ?

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mick1986

id love to work with national hunt. Its a course paid privately with a job upon completion

• Registered Users Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭Ave Sodalis

Have you much experience before this? Most likely, a yard will take you on for free if you look for working student jobs but I wouldn't go filling up your day off with more work. At least, not until you know your work load for the first job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭monflat

mick1986 wrote: »
    id love to work with national hunt. Its a course paid privately with a job upon completion

I'd hang on then as you will meet people on the course with contacts and tutors will have contacts too.
    Also as said above you may be best to rest on a sunday until you find your feet at the course.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

Not a lot of racing yards exercise their horses on a Sunday, maybe only those with a race coming up and need a specific piece of work, so that's something else to bear in mind.

• Advertisement
Advertisement