Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ball Attire

• 27-04-2009 11:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

Ok, so I'm heading to a Ball and I've got a pretty, just above the knee dress.
    The problem is shoes. Whats the done thing? Do I wear heels, or do they get stuck in the grass? Or are there sheets put down? Or do the floors get slippy and do I risk slipping and hurting myself?! :D
    I'm 5'11 so technically I don't need to wear heels, but, ya know, girls love to wear high heels...
    Any advice would be appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

The main question is do ye drink? Not being funny...but if you can handle heels on an everyday basis then you're sorted, if not heels for the pre drunkeness and a handbag size pair of flats for ...err...the later on part is a must. [snip] Cobbles are a nightmare when drunk.

Itll be a mix match of every style so dress to be honest so anythin will go! Girls wores short skirts and fun colourful wellies for a [snip] ball last week!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

Discussion of the two main Dublin college balls is not permitted due to them being promoted by a certain company that shall not be named.
    Thank you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭anniehoo

Oh sorry about that Twinkey :o

Why is that? I know theyre advertised etc..but why are they any different than any other event goin on e.g the Late Late?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

Because they're operated by the company mentioned in the charter. The tents have floors, nowhere else does though, could be dangerous if it rains, you'd want to be a pro in heels. Worth sticking a pair of flats in your bag (nobody has small bags really!) anyway. Wearing delicate heels that don't take kindly to drink/dirt isn't the smartest. I'd recommend heels over sandals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Sorry for mentioning..I didn't know! It's been a while since I've been on boards. Ok well flats it is. Thanks for the help. And sorry :o

• Advertisement
Advertisement