Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mac Pigment

• 11-02-2008 5:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

Ok..I'm very confused, my mam recently bought me mac pigment..it looks lovely in the container, it's navy blue with a golden metallic sheen off it...anyway the only problem is I don't know what the hell to do with it..I figured I'd mix up a little of it with water and paint it on as eyeliner but it didn't really work.
    Anyways, all I'm asking is; does anyone know how to use the stuff?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

i dont think you should mix it with water...
    maybe if you put a teeny tiny bit of clear lip gloss on your eye lids and then brush some on...??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭SexyD4Lady

Ah, the oul pigment, I do love this stuff. I find with the darker shades, it looks best applied directly to the socket with a soft, natural hair brush.

First, apply a neutral base all over the lid (a very light, shimmery gold would be great the pigment you have. MAC do a lovely one called Bagatelle). Apply it in the inner corners of your eyes as well, to open them and make you look wide awake. Next, simply dip your soft brush into the LID of the pigment (it can be overpowering if you use too much of the product) and tap the brush lightly on the side of the lid to shake off any excess. Apply it to you eye socket and outer edge of your eyelid, and sweeping it up ever so slighty toward the brow bone for a sexier look. To vary the strength of the colour of your pigment, just apply more, and if you want a matte look, slightly dampen your brush prior to application.

Have fun with your new product!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

You need something called a mixing medium to make it into a paste properly. You can get this in BTs.

Be so careful not to use too much. Also, since it's dark, do your eyes before doing the rest of your face so that if it drops onto your cheeks, you can just wipe it off without ruining your face.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭fuzzywiggle

Yep..straight onto the eye with an eye shadow brush. Hold a tissue underneath your eye when applying or do your eyes first and foundation last.
    You would need a water based mixing medium for it to go on like a cream and it will adhere to the eye better..water wont work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Ah thanks guys...
    Definitely gonna heed all that advice..no more water with mac pigment!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭doctor evil

SexyD4Lady wrote: »
    Ah, the oul pigment, I do love this stuff. I find with the darker shades, it looks best applied directly to the socket with a soft, natural hair brush.

First, apply a neutral base all over the lid (a very light, shimmery gold would be great the pigment you have. MAC do a lovely one called Bagatelle). Apply it in the inner corners of your eyes as well, to open them and make you look wide awake. Next, simply dip your soft brush into the LID of the pigment (it can be overpowering if you use too much of the product) and tap the brush lightly on the side of the lid to shake off any excess. Apply it to you eye socket and outer edge of your eyelid, and sweeping it up ever so slighty toward the brow bone for a sexier look. To vary the strength of the colour of your pigment, just apply more, and if you want a matte look, slightly dampen your brush prior to application.

Have fun with your new product!

Cool, I have a similar thing with a Gosh product. Will have to check out Mac (why do these things happen when you really can't afford to?)

Advertisement