Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Oxegen!!

Options
  • 03-03-2006 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭

Ok I just bought my oxegen ticket (whooo) and I know it's early days and stuff but I'm gettin all excited so i want to know fellow boardsies...
    What's your festival staple when it comes to fashion/ appearance...
    Mine would have to be my good ol' docs..that and a pile of suncream and mac eyeshadow..
    Roll on teh ox-e-gen!!! :D

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,605 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

seriously,
    like t-shirts, jeans, shorts in case of sun, hoodie in case of cold.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭Femelade

tent in case of rain...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

yup, got mine today as well (woo-hoo!) floppy hat, t shirt, shorts, plastic bag (just in case!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

So true, plastic bags..it's amazing how much they're useful for...

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

spiderlegs wrote:
    So true, plastic bags..it's amazing how much they're useful for...

15c each though

• Advertisement

Ah I'm talkin' the big black ones...they're well worth whatever kind of price they work out at....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Im going to wear a suit of armour...to protect against the inevitable mud fights.:)

Hehe..why do you think it's gonna rain??
    I hope it doesn't if it does I'm definitely bringin' loadsa black bags...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭She-Ra

raincoat, boobtubes(for the no strap marks) jeans, smokes (plus extra to trade) plastic gloves (for toilets) i'll also be wearing a massive amount of suncream( damn irish cailin skin):)

Plastic gloves....that is a brilliant idea....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

1. Lots of suncream (I got burned on my neck when it was cloudy on the Saturday last year)
    2. Hoodie/warm top (it becomes freezing at night, seriously)
    3. Jeans/trousers with lots of pockets for all sorts
    4. Wellies (I didn't bring them last year but if it deos rain at all it's gonna get ridiculously muddy, bring a pair)

last but not least.... your ticket! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭Binomate

Naked for the whole festival. I'll be sleeping under the stars too. It's a music wilderness festival for me, If I get a ticket of course!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,386 ✭✭✭Attol

I want to go! If I did go I'd say funky, colourful wellies, straight leg jeans so you can tuck them into wellies and avoid muddy trousers if it rains and a mini skirt for if it's warm. Vest tops and boobtubes. Bikini top. Hoodie for warmth. Dry shampoo to prevent greasy hair, tinted lipbalm, suncream and wet wipes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 541 ✭✭✭chern0byl

The only thing you need to know about festivals and clothes is have lots! Unless we are having a sorcher of a summer and you know it wont rain...have lots of the essentials.

I would say for the weekend you would easily need 6-8 pairs of underwear and socks[good thick ones] and at least 6 full change of clothes and one great pair of shoes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 mikedean

I'm bringing my clear, c thru plastic mac, if I can get one, my yellow wellies with jeans tucked in and plastic gloves for the toilet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 818 ✭✭✭idontknowmyname

I didn't get a ticket this year :( but last year I went and had a brilliant time.
    I brought some groovy wellies from Schuh, my denim skirt and jeans and a few fitted t-shirts. I didn't bring a jacket, just this versatile light jumper I had.

I bought some cheap baby wipes in Tesco, very handy!!

Advertisement