Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaelscoil in Sallins/Naas

Options
  • 28-06-2014 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi there,

I shall be moving to Sallins at the end of the Summer with my husband and son.

I've used schooldays.ie but there is such a big listing for schools in Kildare, and as we are only familiarising ourselves with all of the surrounding towns, the list is like a minefield

So my question is what are the gaelscoileanna in this area and the associated Naoinrai?

Is there a particular one anyone would recommend?

TIA

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Gaelscoileanna tend to have long waiting lists ,in general. What age is your son?

• Registered Users Posts: 14 sorchanichionn

Gaelscoileanna tend to have long waiting lists ,in general. What age is your son?

He is 18 months

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Do you prefer a multi-denom or religious ethos?

Would be open to Catholic/Multi Dominational

Mixed or all boys I don't mind for primary school

http://gaelscoilnas.com/ is multi-denom, has a lovely new building and has a good name.
    There's no Gaelscoil in Sallins that I know of, there is one in Maynooth, one in Newbridge as well.

• Advertisement

Thanks a mill for that.....

By the sounds of it I better get in touch with them soon :)

Just had a look at the site, looks impressive

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭offroadannie

My kids go there and we live in Sallins. There's a school bus thru Sallins which is great. The school is amazing, so glad I sent mine there.

My kids go there and we live in Sallins. There's a school bus thru Sallins which is great. The school is amazing, so glad I sent mine there.

Hiya Offroadannie,

Thanks for the reply, we are due to move soon, so it will be good timing to drop in to Tus Maith the naionarai, as they will be starting back for the new term

Did you have much difficulty getting your kids in?? What age are your kids now, only reason I ask, as I know demand for gaelscoileanna has increased recently. I wondered what it the same case in Nas na Riogh

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

If he is 18 months old there is nearly 0 chance of a place in Maynooth but demand in Naas might not be as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭offroadannie

Hiya Offroadannie,

Thanks for the reply, we are due to move soon, so it will be good timing to drop in to Tus Maith the naionarai, as they will be starting back for the new term

Did you have much difficulty getting your kids in?? What age are your kids now, only reason I ask, as I know demand for gaelscoileanna has increased recently. I wondered what it the same case in Nas na Riogh

No problem getting them in when my eldest, who is 8 now, was going. It comes down to their age when starting now and it would be good to send to Naoinra, great stepping stone. You should call in and enrol just to have your name down.

• Advertisement
Advertisement