Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATI Psychology Course

Options
  • 18-03-2014 4:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi I just signed up for the ATI child psychology home study programme. I just wanted to ask has anyone else done an online course with this crowd?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,880 ✭✭✭yosser hughes

cwtch_88 wrote: »
    Hi I just signed up for the ATI child psychology home study programme. I just wanted to ask has anyone else done an online course with this crowd?

Can you post a link to the course website/college offering this course?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 cwtch_88

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭DM addict

I've no experience with them personally. Only thing I'd say is that the diploma isn't accredited, so wouldn't be any good for professional purposes.

yea its just a hobby course really...seen a few bad things about them in relation to receviving course content

Well, it's up to you. But if you've seen only poor reviews, it's probably not worth it.

On the other hand, if you're only interested in it for hobby terms, then there's no real harm, although if the content isn't up to scratch then it might not actually be that interesting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Its a lot of money for a hobby course. There is a lot of free online courses out there that will be as useful or interesting as this. Or you could go for an accredited online course.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 NKeegan

Hey. I did a course with ATI too. I did the child psychology course but I wasn't really impressed with them. I got sent pdfs of a scanned in book with pages back to front etc - really not very professional at all. I ended up singing up for another course at the college of online distance education. really enjoyed this one and felt it was much more professionally run. It was the same as the ATI in that the diploma was only from their own college, but all in all it was very interesting and it really was very helpful in work and family life etc. How are you getting on with teh course?

yes i found it a bit strange that the course content is just scanned pictures from a book. i emailed my tutor never got a responce. finished in a few weeks will let you all know if i actually receive my cert at the end of it

I hate to say it, but this is why an accredited course from an institution with a decent reputation is usually the best idea. It's less of an issue if you're doing something for a hobby, but even then there are a bunch of universities doing decent MOOCs at the moment.

Hope you get your cert OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Elle_em

Hi cwtch 88 - I was just wondering how did you ever get on with finishing your course with ATI? I have completed mine aswell but have been waiting for results for almost a month now. I can honestly say, and would really advise anybody out there - never, ever apply to do one of their courses. They are absolutely impossible to deal with. They are the worst at replying to emails, you can be waiting weeks or you may get no reply at all. The telephone is never answered. If they do reply to your email the answer you get is never in relation to your original query. My course was also for a hobby but it ended up causing more stress trying to deal with these people! And the scanned upside down pages they sent were the first giveaway! I thought the same as some people after I read bad reviews - surely all their courses are not the same, but after lots of online reviews it seems they are!

• Advertisement

i submitted my essays but tbh i dont have great faith in geting the cert back! Im so happy i didnt fork out the 599 euro they originally wanted! please let me know if you receive anything cert wise!

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Elle_em

Unfortunately I never received anything further. I did get a few more emails promising delivery of my results after chasing them up but they have stopped emailing me now it seems. I've since come across some reviews from people who NEVER received a cert from them and supposedly they are doing this in many more countries?? I'm so relieved too that I didn't spend the full amount but just left feeling a bit cheated after wasting nearly eight months of my life on it! Hard lesson learned though I guess.

Haven't got a reply at all from them. Total rip off! Advice to anyone steer clear!

Advertisement