Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Huawei Ascend P2 problems

Options
  • 12-04-2014 8:27pm

OK. So. I've been encountering nothing but problems since I received my Huawei Ascend P2 phone.

To begin with -
    I bought the phone for the sole purpose of it being 4G/LTE. When I got it, I couldn't figure out how to get it, so I contacted Three and was told that my phone had to be 4.3 - it was running 4.1.2.
    When I tried to get 4.3 through whatever means, it stopped working.
    I tried to do a complete factory reset and now I'm getting many more problems -

I keep getting errors that anything Google related has stopped working (especially Google keyboard).
    My contacts won't auto-sync, despite me having my Google account synced up with it.
    The icons at the bottom of the screen (back, home, settings/whatever else) won't light up and the home button isn't working.
    It's a different loading screen than normal - before it was a Huawei Ascend splash screen, now it just says "Android".
    It is not being detected by my laptop whatsoever.
    When I try and download anything using a browser, it says "starting download" but nothing works.

So, anyone have a solution? It is driving me demented. And all because I wanted bloody 4G.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

What means did you use to get Android 4.3, sounds like that's causing the issues.

I have no doubt that it is and in the end I didn't even get 4.3 to work.

Firstly I rooted the phone using eRoot, which did work and allowed root access.
    I then downloaded P2Tools, which was obtained from this thread and it allowed me to put CWM on it.
    Once this was done, I attempted to put CM 10.2 on it, but kept getting a Status 7 error. Some quick Googling later, I discovered this video, which showed how to solve it.
    When I followed the steps on there, I kept getting a Status 0 error.
    That was when I started to encounter those problems, so I wiped everything I could, even system, but that part failed.

And that's about it.

I've recently also discovered that I cannot get any 3G access and that on Devices Manager, it's coming up as just "G:".

Did a quick google myself and there doesn't appear to be a lot of info on th P2 out there.
    Jaysus dude I hope you made a backup of your original rom before the new install.
    I see a link here on XDA showing how to get back to stock if you didn't perform a nandroid backup.
    Hope you get it sorted. I do a lot of messing around with my own phones and sometimes it can really get you bogged down when stuff doesn't work.

XDA lInk, even though I suspect you have already been there. forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2519977

I'm also actually getting help on XDA too. Thought I might as well ask as many places as possible :p

Yep there's absolutely nothing wrong with that it's a great resource.
    I hope you get it sorted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement