Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Holiday and been off sick

Options
  • 20-05-2014 7:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭

I checked the relevant Act, if I read it correctly would I be right in saying...
    A person is off on sick leave when a bank holiday falls, on return to work, they are entitled to that days leave due to them...
    Is that correct?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,926 ✭✭✭davo10

Doom wrote: »
    I checked the relevant Act, if I read it correctly would I be right in saying...
    A person is off on sick leave when a bank holiday falls, on return to work, they are entitled to that days leave due to them...
    Is that correct?

Are you planning to be off sick in two weeks time?.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Ha ha no, a person at work has been told they're not entitled to the last bank holiday day as it is company policy not to give it, if off sick.. little do they know that their policies cannot override the laws

Ha ha no, a person at work has been told they're not entitled to the last bank holiday day as it is company policy not to give it, if off sick.. little do they know that their policies cannot override the laws

They can pay you for it or offer you the day off another time. But if bank holiday falls on a day your friend would not normally be rostered to work, it is paid/time off on a pro rata basis.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,381 ✭✭✭Doom

Ya..I thought so, but they cannot say company policy overrides this right.

Ya..I thought so, but they cannot say company policy overrides this right.

Absolutely not, law trumps company policy.

• Advertisement
Advertisement