Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How to change display language in radio audio player

Options
  • 17-02-2014 9:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Sony CDX-S2200 (CD-R/RW, MP3 Player)
    My unit came with a strange (to me) display language (Japanese). How do I change this so that the display is in English?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,588 ✭✭✭tossy

Google search sony cdx-s2200 manual download ands read it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16 EamonX11

Already done that, but no reference to 'language' or 'display language' or 'changing display'. Cannot see anything relevant

• Registered Users Posts: 73,387 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Are you sure the display isn't just goosed?

Not sure how you'd have japanese on a basic led segment display.

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭iamthemanwork

Most likely it is the display that is faulty...missing pixels etc. This should be an easy repair

I have another Sony model which works perfectly on the same system. (You know what I mean: the system is the fixture, the display consol is plugged in (one connector) and can be removed by pressing a button (safety measure, I think). I have two consols, both Sony. Both work perfectly, but the display language in one is not English (I think it is Japanese)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

Shoot a photo and post it here. I really doubt it's Japanese, but miracles happen. ;)

In the meantime - there's no mention regarding any other language than English on user manual:

http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/CDX-S2200/manuals

Try this:

294634.png

Will do giver a day or two as I am away from my car. Will be back to u. I think u r right about the display . It looks more like Seminole than a language. I will photo it and post

EamonX11 wrote: »
    Will do giver a day or two as I am away from my car. Will be back to u. I think u r right about the display . It looks more like Seminole than a language. I will photo it and post

Have photo of the display with the strange symbols. Will try the reset tomorrow and gets back to u. Here is the photo

No photos here.

No photos here.

Here it is, I hope

• Advertisement

EamonX11 wrote: »
    Here it is, I hope

With certainty...your display is faulty . It is not Chinese language

• Registered Users Posts: 13,525 ✭✭✭✭joujoujou
    Unregistered Users

100% sure now - faulty display.

With certainty...your display is faulty . It is not Chinese language

Yes. I did the reset but it made no difference.

Advertisement