Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Radio harness issues

Options
  • 15-02-2014 11:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

Hi all having a bit of a dilemma here I have a Kenwood double din here fairly old model but I know works the Iso or harness that plugs into the back of the radio has been lost
    I've searched hi and low for it and it cant be found. I typed in the model code into google showed me only a few of these radios but finding the harness the right one is proving impossible there's not even one listed on a kenwood site i checked out that sells these harness's. But luckily I have found a picture of the the back of one of these stereo's and it shows where each exact wire is and what the colour is.
    A friend of mine had told me he done this before he told me he got a normal connector like this
    http://www.autodvdgps.com/images/WH-VWG9_VW_BORA_WIRE.jpg
    he would solder each corresponding wire the ones snipped off at the other end not the big block part.
    To the proper pin on the rear of the cd player via my picture I have found then used heat shrink around them each and some sort of silicone that acted like a filling around all the wiring so basically the stereo is hard wired to the connector it wont have the removable connector like a normal stereo does.
    sorry for the long rant explaining
    anyone think this is a good idea or have seen this done before his soldering skills are very good as he does soldering a lot of phones/computers/laptops/TV's

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,382 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Can you post a picture of the back of the headunit?

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭nick1984

here not a great picture,, I do have a kenwood cd player here but the connector does fit the wiring is opposite if you get me both are 16pin connectors but from what ive found out kenwood changed the design of there connectors
    nengun-417647-01-kenwood-cannot_use_md_cdmd_deck_dpx-910md-54e56634ee.jpg

this I a similar head unit as you can see the white wires speakers are on the top right
    x_masakichi_x-img600x450-13037187276uojm128868.jpg
    and the holes are all in line
    this is a 16 pic kenwood harness but the wires are different the black wire earth is where the white wires are and you can just see the last two holes are slightly closer together
    ken-iso_a.jpg

So does it physically fit? Do the pins line up?

I'd be bodging the plug tbh.

no the plug doesn't fit the holes in it are two small for the pins on the back of the double din I got a spare harness from a car in the breakers and tried to modify that still no joy

• Advertisement

Ave you googled images for 16 pin kenwood loom?

I have all I keep getting is the last picture I posted them I'd say the headunit is fairly old could have even come from japan originally in a import

Advertisement