Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Garda Recruitment 2013 Bands

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭Copaholic

Don't see how they would say its unlikely BAND 2 will be called. Granted it may take some time but the fact that they have reopened the college and staffed it up again means that in all likelihood they intend to now keep it open for the foreseeable future. I believe that BAND 2 will be called before end of next year.. my thoughts anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭JonathanP

Copaholic wrote: »
    Don't see how they would say its unlikely BAND 2 will be called. Granted it may take some time but the fact that they have reopened the college and staffed it up again means that in all likelihood they intend to now keep it open for the foreseeable future. I believe that BAND 2 will be called before end of next year.. my thoughts anyway
    heres Hoping sooner rather than later... the Law society is trying to get the min for defence in for a speech soon so ik going to tackle her about it then.... im not expexting anything but waffle from her though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

JonathanP wrote: »
    heres Hoping sooner rather than later... the Law society is trying to get the min for defence in for a speech soon so ik going to tackle her about it then.... im not expexting anything but waffle from her though

The min for defence ?

3fullback wrote: »
    The min for defence ?

Minister Haha sorry i was in class and my keypad on my phone is just a shambles.. but i meant the minister for defence and im going to push to get noreen o sullivan also

• Registered Users Posts: 33 PaulMCKM

Minister Haha sorry i was in class and my keypad on my phone is just a shambles.. but i meant the minister for defence and im going to push to get noreen o sullivan also

Its the Minister for Justice Frances Fitzgerald that is responsible for the gardai. The Minister for Defence Simon Coveney is responsible for the army, navy and air corps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Rothmans

PaulMCKM wrote: »
    Its the Minister for Justice Frances Fitzgerald that is responsible for the gardai. The Minister for Defence Simon Coveney is responsible for the army, navy and air corps.

And farmers

• Registered Users Posts: 33 PaulMCKM

Rothmans wrote: »
    And farmers

Don't forget the fishermen!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

Haha that's what I was getting at as in you were on about the wrong minister !

Rothmans wrote: »
    And farmers

i do Apologise guys i meant minister for justice haha my head is gone!... i was driving home from college and i heard minister for justice and it clicked with me christ i said theyll think im an eejit haha sorry guys i did infact mean francis fitzgerald

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,341 ✭✭✭D Trent

i do Apologise guys i meant minister for justice haha my head is gone!... i was driving home from college and i heard minister for justice and it clicked with me christ i said theyll think im an eejit haha sorry guys i did infact mean francis fitzgerald
    Jaysis she's grown some man bits has she?

D Trent wrote: »
    Jaysis she's grown some man bits has she?

Im Doing the best with what i have haha i know a woman that goes by that spelling of the name..... she could be a man under the dress but ill jus take her at face value haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭wannabegard

Iv decided anyway even if continous recruitment opens up im gonna leave it a while. Theres stuff I want to do first. I joined the reserve straight out of school 5 years ago and i havent been anywhere outside ireland, never went on a j1, never went abroad with the lads. Im trying to get into a teaching thing in the middle east (the nice part) and if not go to oz with a mate of mine. Iv a few friends in the states aswell so i mite go to them. Kinda sick of this country. Anyway ill have ten years to get into the gards and if not there is no age limit on the PSNI recruitment. Theres no point in me waiting around for something that might take 3 years to come to fruitation. Il get a bitta life experience and itll make me a better gard altogether!

Thats The shot ha

Ur dead right lad. Need to learn to back them trailers for the silage and drive them diggers ha! Iv avoided it for long enough!!!

Haha Done enough of the silage for life if i was to go anywhere twud be to the states for the 1000 mile harvest and drive them combines haha

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭mycro89

A new week, hopefully as the tds are back sitting in the dail someone will ask the minister for justice for an update on it

Dont get ur hopes up mate