Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guinness Amplify

Options
  • 12-09-2014 1:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭

Anyone know where London Grammar will be playing for this or any of the other bigger names, the website doesn't list them for obvious reasons.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Go to the website click gig listings, it gives Leinster, Ulster and Connacht, click one of the weeks in your region, it gives you a list of key pubs click the plus sign at each pub and it reveals the artist or act. https://www.guinnessamplify.com/schedule/dates

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭Mince Pie

That site in infuriating!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Bsal

Go to the website click gig listings, it gives Leinster, Ulster and Connacht, click one of the weeks in your region, it gives you a list of key pubs click the plus sign at each pub and it reveals the artist or act. https://www.guinnessamplify.com/schedule/dates

Already did that, they don't list the the likes of LG, Rudimental, Kodaline etc.. its a pain in the arse to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,411 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

Yeah I checked it out myself, checked all of the Dublin listings and no sign of the big acts, apparently all the ones listed are part of a competition to find a top Irish act or something like that. You'd think there be some info about the headliners after a press release as such.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Is there any more big acts on tonight? The Spirit Store in Dundalk just announced Hozier and Ellie Goulding

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭Duff

Heading to it myself. Got in on time by the skin of my teeth!

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭pancake_tuesday

Duff wrote: »
    Heading to it myself. Got in on time by the skin of my teeth!

Heard the queue is out to the road! Hardly worthwhile going now? Place is waaaay too small for these acts

Heard the queue is out to the road! Hardly worthwhile going now? Place is waaaay too small for these acts

Nope, they closed the gates 10 seconds after I got down. Apparently they only have 200 wristbands..:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭bigbudda

Nope, they closed the gates 10 seconds after I got down. Apparently they only have 200 wristbands..:rolleyes:

Any annoucements of big acts in Dub city would anyone know ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

How did it go???? pics pleeeeeease!!:)

• Advertisement

It was fantastic. Real intimate feel and great atmosphere!

24l5wgm.jpg

28rm5n5.jpg

ereus0.jpg

ir0ryo.jpg

voboft.jpg

2ccqqkz.jpg

atkgu0.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,307 ✭✭✭Fatfrog

It was fantastic. Real intimate feel and great atmosphere!

24l5wgm.jpg

28rm5n5.jpg

ereus0.jpg

ir0ryo.jpg

voboft.jpg

2ccqqkz.jpg

atkgu0.jpg

Ledge! Thanks. How feckin close were you you could reach out and touch them!!

Yeah, had a full blown chat with Ellie (We're on first name terms now) :pac: She's even sexier from 2ft away!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,462 ✭✭✭✭WoollyRedHat

Whatever about Ellie, have you seen/ heard Hannah Reid. I think I love her. Would love to see London Grammar, hope they play Dublin.

Whatever about Ellie, have you seen/ heard Hannah Reid. I think I love her. Would love to see London Grammar, hope they play Dublin.

Yeah, seen London Grammar at Electric Picnic. Amazing isn't the word. Hannah's voice nearly took the top off the tent.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭miller82

stupid question but .... is it possible to get tickets for disclosure ? or how does it work ?

miller82 wrote: »
    stupid question but .... is it possible to get tickets for disclosure ? or how does it work ?

I think its just show up and form a queue and hope your near the top of the line :D

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Sheog

Is there any more big acts on tonight? The Spirit Store in Dundalk just announced Hozier and Ellie Goulding

Might seem like a stupid question, but how did you find out about them playing? Was it only thought the pubs website or was it elsewhere?

Also, how early did you get down there in order to be sure to get in?

Want to keep my ear to the ground for London Grammar!

I heard about Hozier and Ellie Goulding from listening to 2FM that day, they where there with the 2FM roadcaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Dubhthamlacht

The ulster counties are the focus for Guinness Amplify this weekend.

http://www.independent.ie/entertainment/insider-guide-where-to-go-gigs-and-festivals-30591311.html

• Advertisement

Damn it! :mad:

Kodaline and LG on in Galway tonight, im so jelly :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

Anyone know if the coronas are playing as part of these gigs ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭Eod100

Looking like it's going to be Batille and George Ezra playing the Munster secret gigs (guessing Cork) judging by their tour dates..

If that's right then it's looking like Rudimental, Jess Glynne and possibly Walking on Cars for Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Joekers

Eod100 wrote: »
    Looking like it's going to be Batille and George Ezra playing the Munster secret gigs (guessing Cork) judging by their tour dates..

If that's right then it's looking like Rudimental, Jess Glynne and possibly Walking on Cars for Dublin.

I'd say he will be playing Dublin he is in the Academy on the 13th and the Dublin weekend is 9th-12th, hoping to see him as I cant get a ticket for his gig :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,152 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Joekers wrote: »
    I'd say he will be playing Dublin he is in the Academy on the 13th and the Dublin weekend is 9th-12th, hoping to see him as I cant get a ticket for his gig :D

Always a problem when he is in Spain on 10th and 11th though. Plus Dublin have their show, he should play Munster, namely Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 85,285 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

How do you get tickets (Cork) or are they already gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

I believe it's George Ezra and Walking on Cars for West Cork, sounds good. Can anyone tell me when they release the day/venue/how you figure it out? :confused: Don't really get this system at all tbh...

• Advertisement

Follow Guinness on Twitter and the #GuinnessAmplify They announce the details of the pub late in the day and then its first come first serves.

@GuinnessIreland

Advertisement