Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Golf Digest Events

124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 417 ✭✭Freemount09

eoghan104 wrote: »
    What were the reports from last year? Any links? My mother is in the final this year.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056930307&page=7

Good luck to your mother !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭dar_cool

slave1 wrote: »
    Any results from New Forest, know that course quite well so interesting to see the winning scores

Anything over 40points im calling BS:D

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭tigerwood1

Played this course yesterday for the second time and came in with 34 pts went out with 12 back and steamed in with 22 pts nearly identical to the last time i played it love that bk9:). the greens where superb best i seen this year absolute top class course, the 13th hole picture postcard hole( helped that i birdied it). Watched a guy hit the tree from his tee shot on the 10th then rikoshayed and hit the shed roof and bounce off the side window of passing car over my head and on the path beside him if only i had my video it would of made a great ad for gui insurance:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭mickelson

<mod edit>
    he was a savage hurler. he does drive the ball a mile. i know that for a fact. maybe this comp is running aground. its starting to attract sharks.

i see the golfdigest website has photo's of new forest event but no results for the last week. anybody know what score won ?.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,001 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    i see the golfdigest website has photo's of new forest event but no results for the last week. anybody know what score won ?.

Maybe they are reading Boards.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Results are on their facebook page, cat 1 was won with 36 points and cat 2 was won with 38. Ladies 35 pounts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 228 ✭✭rollotomasi

New Forest results:

Cat 1: (handicap)
    First 36 (12)
    Second 35 (5)
    Third 33 (6)

Cat 2: (handicap)
    First 38 (17)
    Second 37 (13)
    Third 36 (19)

Ladies: (handicap)
    First 35 (19)
    Second 34 (35)
    Third 29 (19)

New Forest results:

Cat 1: (handicap)
    First 36 (12)
    Second 35 (5)
    Third 33 (6)

Cat 2: (handicap)
    First 38 (17)
    Second 37 (13)
    Third 36 (19)

Ladies: (handicap)
    First 35 (19)
    Second 34 (35)
    Third 29 (19)

I knew the course was playing tough with some tees of the blues. achievable winning score though.

Played today in powerscourt west course, played the east course last year and i have agree with kevin markham the west is the better of the two superb courses. As usual i was a also ran today and once again managed not to win a spot prize:((think it's my ninth digest event). anyway i believe they are going to have 30 events next year and i am looking forward to seeing the list in november i believe.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

tigerwood1 wrote: »
    Played today in powerscourt west course, played the east course last year and i have agree with kevin markham the west is the better of the two superb courses. As usual i was a also ran today and once again managed not to win a spot prize:((think it's my ninth digest event). anyway i believe they are going to have 30 events next year and i am looking forward to seeing the list in november i believe.

Tiger, 3 of us played our first golf digest event in Tralee and waited around for the draw based on your good advice. We took home 2 spot prizes in the draw!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭shabalala

Has anyone got the results of the grand final?

Cant find it anywhere.

Phoned their office, was rudely told to call back later.

What the absolute Fluich

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭eoghan104

All I know is 44pts won.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 436 ✭✭searay

I thought the final was over 36 holes so I'd have expected a winning score of about 90 points!

It's very strange that they haven't publicised the results given the sponsors etc. nothing on Facebook or their web page. I thought they'd email the results to participants of all events as part of the marketing for 2015.

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

shabalala wrote: »
    Has anyone got the results of the grand final?

Cant find it anywhere.

A lady playing off 18 from malahide gc won it with 43 points.

• Registered Users Posts: 301 ✭✭Sean_pop

Anyone know when the fixtures for 2015 are to be released. Hope to play 1 or 2 of these events next year.

I predict there will be no events next year.
    <MOD EDIT>
    Please dont spread rumours.

Ok heres fact.

Two prominent members of staff left the company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Dealerz

Good God what a farce

• Advertisement

bailey99 wrote: »
    The mighty Lar Ryan strikes again, him and his three teammates won the Adare Manor winter series last Sunday. Usual auld team of four competition. Good man Lar, great shooting again off 21.

Is Lar not off 5 or 6 hcap????

he was last year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

haters-gonna-hate-stairs.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

shabalala wrote: »
    Is Lar not off 5 or 6 hcap????

he was last year!

Yes, he was as low as 4 last year according some some posts as below:
    eoghan104 wrote: »
    23rd August - Waterford Castle Lar Ryan (5) - 46pts
    29th August - Slieve Russel Lar Ryan (5) - 38pts

Says it all, he won off 5 earlier in the year too.
    Lar Ryan strikes again
    I played in palmerstown stud yesterday and on the par three 12 th a lady hit it to 7 inches , I taught that couldn't be beaten until last got there and put 4 inches down
    Well done lar a new golf glider on the way
    slave1 wrote:
    Interesting stats on HDID, scored 16 points on July 22nd to move to 3.9, 31 points on July 29th to move to 4.0, 17 points on August 8th to move to 4.2, 16over in a medal on August 16th to move to 4.5 then 46points in the GD on August 23rd without an apparent cut.

16 and 17 points turnaround to 46 over a short period .... ... .. .

They seriously need to cut out the blatant profiteering with the same habitual winners, really tainting the image of the events. Can't believe this is continuing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

Can't find any results from Adare anywhere...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

ForeRight wrote: »
    haters-gonna-hate-stairs.gif

C'mon Foreright, that's sooo last year ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,344 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

C'mon Foreright, that's solo last year ;-)

He's Back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭ForeRight

C'mon Foreright, that's sooo last year ;-)

How's this one

haters_boy.gif

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,256 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Give it a break lads, it's up to the organisers to monitor players and their handicaps.

• Registered Users Posts: 46 The Hurricane

Played in the recent Golf Digest in County Sligo and what others said here is true. Two senior guys have left and the goodie bags are gone down in value. There was no burger on the ninth hole - a breakfast bap instead which we were not even told about till we were about to tee off. The goodie bag was missing the usual sleeve of ball and comprised of a golf digest lucky charm tag for your bag, a free sample of joint supplement pills, a baseball cap and a copy of Golf Digest magazine. All that is supposedly worth €40. The category prizes are the same as they were all Taylor made irons rescues woods drivers and putters bags etc.

On a positive note did enjoy the day weather was fantastic and the course was in great condition. I think they are still a great day out but Id question the €40 value of the goodie bag. The raffle prizes were good but alas again still came home empty handed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 123 ✭✭TLOA72

Winner of cat 2 section in galway bay was the outright winner from 2013. Back for more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭slingerz

hoping to get to killarney for this event this year

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭millerj

I am playing the Killarney event on Friday and have a late enough tee time (lucky dip probably my only realistic chance) but curiously I went on to the booking page to see how full the timesheet is. I notice they now have a separate price for people booking between 8am and 9am of which there are about twenty slots left. You can book these now at €45 euro which seems great value for anyone interested. I have already paid €65 along with three others so in one sense am a bit miffed but perhaps people here might want to avail of the bargain. They really put on a good day in my past experiences anyway and think the weather will be okay. Still, interested in peoples opinion in the price change......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

Playing in this myself on Friday with a few friends. Couldn't have played earlier than our 10.40 tee-time so not too miffed. Good value for those who can.

Advertisement