Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Installing parking sensors

Options
  • 31-01-2014 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭

Can anyone reccomend someone to install a set of 4 rear sensors in a 07 passat relatively cheaply?

I would tackle it myself but would rather leave it to a professional to get spacing right. I have the sensors already

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Location?
    Since you're not doing it DIY I am moving this out to the general forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

Sorry Biko and thanks

D 15 area

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,549 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

Trim Tech in Airside, Swords if you want official place of business fitting.
    Otherwise, most others handy with their hands can do this in an hour or 2.

When you say relatively cheaply, what price would push you to do it DIY?
    Reason i ask, is the bumper needs to be removed, lined up and wired, i would expect 2 hours labour charge from most people and that could €60 minimum.

On the E90 BMW, the rear od the ES bumper has the PDC locations pre-marked so you get OEM location, wonder does the Passat have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,285 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

kceire wrote: »
    Trim Tech in Airside, Swords if you want official place of business fitting.
    Otherwise, most others handy with their hands can do this in an hour or 2.

When you say relatively cheaply, what price would push you to do it DIY?
    Reason i ask, is the bumper needs to be removed, lined up and wired, i would expect 2 hours labour charge from most people and that could €60 minimum.

On the E90 BMW, the rear od the ES bumper has the PDC locations pre-marked so you get OEM location, wonder does the Passat have it?

I'd say it surely does have locations marked.

My naivety didnt think rear bumper needed to be removed!
    I would pay 60 notes though as a nixer maybe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Bumper does not always have to come off but it can make it easier as there are usually marks on the inside where the sensors should go. When I fitted mine I left the bumper on and measured the locations for the sensors from the outside a million times before drilling.

Harcrid wrote: »
    Bumper does not always have to come off but it can make it easier as there are usually marks on the inside where the sensors should go. When I fitted mine I left the bumper on and measured the locations for the sensors from the outside a million times before drilling.

Yeah I wouldnt trust myself measuring and drilling!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Harcrid

Not for the faint hearted thats for sure!

yeah its the wifes so i wont be messing it up myself!

Advertisement