Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

September TaxSaver tickets

Options
  • 28-08-2014 1:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,710 ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering if people have received their September TaxSaver tickets yet, or if it's just our company that is delayed?

(Mods: fyi, this is a Galway-specific query. The Dubs had theirs moved onto personalised Leap cards a few months ago.)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Just wondering if people have received their September TaxSaver tickets yet, or if it's just our company that is delayed?

(Mods: fyi, this is a Galway-specific query. The Dubs had theirs moved onto personalised Leap cards a few months ago.)

Are you getting leapcards instead?

http://connachttribune.ie/leap-cards-bring-cut-galway-bus-fares/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,876 ✭✭✭what_traffic

Looks like you can buy LEAP cards for City Direct and Bus Eireann on
    https://www.leapcard.ie/en/NavigationPages/CardPurchase.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 25,710 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Cute, that link just takes me to this message:
    Sorry for the inconvenience, another transaction is in progress. Please start over your transaction.

and I'm not seeing Galway specifically listed on the site. but maybe I'm just blind.

UPDATE: yes I am:
    Bx0iFZSCcAAGnL3.jpg

Leap was originally supposed to be here in September.

Then I saw an article somewhere saying it was delayed 'til January.

But page 7 of today's Advertiser has an advertorial (I can't find it online) which talks about the launch of a new Smart Travel Card at the end of September. And all the buses (including City Direct's ones) seem to have new tix machines with Leap readers on them.

September TaxSaver tix eventually turned up .. on about the 10th! Hopefully October will be less hassle.

Advertisement