Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cancer awareness

Options
  • 20-03-2014 1:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,703 ✭✭✭✭

There appears to be a Women's craze gripping my Facebook Homepage at the minute, girls taking selfies...wait for it...with no make up on.
    Why oh why are such extremities being undertaken I hear you ask?
    Why it's all in the name of breast cancer awareness see.
    A noble idea but I didn't see any mention of a donation anywhere.

So here's my thinking...
    We men put on a hape of make up, take a selfie, put it up on Facebook, and tag every lad we know encouraging them to do the same. We can then rest soundly, safe in the knowledge we're doing our bit to promote testicular cancer awareness.

Daft?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,646 ✭✭✭✭Sauve

Fab idea. Good on ya.
    Stickied :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,306 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

My brother had a similar idea where rather than a selfie you actually donate €5 to a charity by text, posting the SMS response and then nominating 5 people to do the same (if they want to). Might I suggest a similar effort that will actually make a difference. Accompanied by a full make up pic of course.

Just looking for a reason Panthro???:P I think you should go full drag and post the pic here. I would donate a tenner for that to whatever charity you want :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I posted a selfie last night before I went to bed saying I would donate €1 to the Irish Cancer Society for every 'like' the picture received before I got into work this morning.
    Didn't take into account that most of my friends are nocturnal so it ended up costing me €140 :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Galvasean wrote: »
    I posted a selfie last night before I went to bed saying I would donate €1 to the Irish Cancer Society for every 'like' the picture received before I got into work this morning.
    Didn't take into account that most of my friends are nocturnal so it ended up costing me €140 :o

It was a rather spiffy photo though!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,698 ✭✭✭✭Princess Peach

I love it. You could also share your photos on boards for a larger audience.

I genuinely suggested this to my boyfriend last night but he was having none of it :( I just have an overwhelming want for a man to be my living doll.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

I love it. You could also share your photos on boards for a larger audience.

Larger audience? I don't think I could afford that!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Galvasean wrote: »
    Larger audience? I don't think I could afford that!

She meant the guys with make-up pics. She keeps trying to talk me into it. Not happening. :p

Well done on your idea and donation though!

Advertisement