Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Handyman Book?

Options
  • 27-05-2013 12:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Just wondering if you can help me out...

Moving in with the gf shortly for the first time, and while I wouldn't be totally useless around the house, I certainly don't want to be found wanting in the handyman stakes!!

Can anyone recommend a good book for basic Handyman stuff?

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭Dave0301

chases0102 wrote: »
    Hi all,

Just wondering if you can help me out...

Moving in with the gf shortly for the first time, and while I wouldn't be totally useless around the house, I certainly don't want to be found wanting in the handyman stakes!!

Can anyone recommend a good book for basic Handyman stuff?

Cheers.

Not sure about a book, but, and I'm not being smart, Youtube will be a great resource. A lot of tutorial videos up there you may find useful depending on the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭chases0102

Yeah youtube is great in fairness.

Won't have any internet for a while though, I suppose that's why I was looking for a book.

Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 597 ✭✭✭Supertech

Collins used to do a DIY manual which was updated every couple of years. Covered the basics fairly well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

A year or two ago there was a really good thread on here with some tips in it. There are a few ones of the DIY variety.

Found it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,739 ✭✭✭knucklehead6

http://www.amazon.com/Readers-Digest-DIY-Manual-Classic/dp/0276429338

This is the lad you want OP.

Available in most decent bookstores and unsurprisingly the large DIY chains should also have it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 499 ✭✭Aimeee

http://www.amazon.com/Readers-Digest-DIY-Manual-Classic/dp/0276429338

This is the lad you want OP.

Available in most decent bookstores and unsurprisingly the large DIY chains should also have it.
    Came to recommend this also, extremely useful in previous house, where much diy was carried out (pre internet, well before it came to us anyway). Check out thebookdepository for price also.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,701 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

You already have the exact same thread opened in DIY.
    It is probably better suited to that forum anyways,
    thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement