Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

PSP Problem

Options
  • 23-08-2007 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

Not really up to speed with PSP modding so not sure whats happening with mine. Have a 1.5 with 3.04 OE-B i think. Has been working grand, but switched it on yesterday and get a screen saying the settings are corrupt and to press O to reset to default settings. I can hear the UMD game music in the background.

NOt really sure what to do, dont want to lose my firmware. And am a bit scared of getting a new firmware because Ive never updated one myself.

Any ideas what I should do?

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

There is a lad on here called "Calo" he does inststallers for all the firware. He is on www.psp-hacks.com aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

SO what happened when you pressed O or did you?
    This happened to me before but I just re-flashed it and it was fine.
    I wouldn't panic.
    I have done loads of upgrades so I might be able to help you if you can give me some more info.
    PM me if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭mise

Hey, thanks for the quick replies!

I didnt press O because was afraid of losing the firmware. I would like to upgrade to the latest firmware tho if possible. Is it just a case of downloading applications and files? By that I mean, would it be easy enough to do?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Its simple!! As I said Calo does an installer so all you have to do is download the file, hook your psp to your pc and run the installer and its done!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

it is pretty fool proof ( must be If I could do it).
    If you do a search for the customised firmware you are looking for ( think I am on 3.03 oe-b, a bit out of date but works a treat for me.) it should be as easy as running an installer , worse case scenario will be you will have to run it manually but there are loads of really good tutorials out there.
    Give me a shout if you need any more advice and good luck.

• Advertisement

That great, ill give it a go later.. Ill press O when I go home and see what happens too

Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Also Calo has his own site now :www.calo-hacks.com
    the forums are brill-helped me get my 2.00 to 3.52 MSS without a hassle

Hey,

Thanks again for all the help. I just pressed the O button last night and everything seems grand. Silly me...
    But think i might upgrade to 3.52 MSS anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 3,404 ✭✭✭qwertplaywert

Ah do I done it last weekend ,its tops, only properblem ive been having is getting one or two of my game isos to run, nothing else

Advertisement