Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap PADI Course Cost

Options
  • 08-08-2014 2:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭

Hey, I've been offered a cheap scuba package when I go to Asia on Holiday for a few weeks.

I was wondering how much a PADI course costs in the South East/Dub area

As I will be in some great dive areas, it might be a good idea to get qualified and go for a few dives while im away. Always liked snorkelling on holiday (Egypt was an awakening to what's under those waves) & I tried a in pool taster session in England a long time ago.

Whats the cheapest I can expect to get qualified in Ireland?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,389 ✭✭✭✭Saruman

An open water course typically costs about €500+ but you sometimes get deals on deal sites for half price. You would be very lucky to have one of those pop up in time though.
    If you are under time pressure, you will need to go with a dedicated school that can get you certified quickly but I advise you to take your time and learn at your own pace.

My own group is the cheapest I have found. scubadivers.ie
    I got mine using one of those deals I mentioned but even still, it seems to be nearly €100 cheaper than most.
    My instructor is Polish so his English isn't the best but he makes himself understood and of course English does you little good under water.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭alwayssideways

I did my Open water course with Alfie in Dublin Scuba Divers. Price for the course was €450

http://www.dublinscuba.com/wordpress/?page_id=17

I did my Open water course with Alfie in Dublin Scuba Divers. Price for the course was €450

http://www.dublinscuba.com/wordpress/?page_id=17

That's a great price and there's a course starting on the 20th too!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭househero

I'm back :) did my 5 day open water padi course in Indonesia cost €190 and it was amazing. Loved diving in Bali. I havnt gone since I came back home, but I can't imagine there is much to see in our murky waters!?! Maybe I'm wrong.

There's plenty to see actually. We don't have lots of colourful fish and some might consider our marine life a little more boring but it's still interesting.

Our waters aren't murky, you can get good visibility. Perhaps not as good as Bali of course. You might need to wait a few weeks and head to the west coast, it depends on the weather. Click my scuba dive blog link in my sig and look for the dives I have done in Ireland. Killary Fjord for instance.

Dublin waters I believe are murkier, I have never dived on the east coast.

• Advertisement
Advertisement