Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Laguna Mk2 rear suspension

Options
  • 07-06-2013 11:36am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭

Alright lads. I've only got a Laguna for 3 or 4 weeks and it already seems to be giving me problems. When I go up or down even a small bump at slow speeds, there's a big "clunk" noise coming from the back right wheel. There's no problem when driving along and going over bumps/ramps at speed, it only seems to happen when I go up or down a kerb at crawling pace. It happens when the two wheels aren't going over the bump at the same time, like when they're at an angle if you know what I mean.

Any ideas what it might be? I'm already starting to fear the worst for buying this car in the first place.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Sounds like a bushing maybe? Hard to say without hearing/seeing it but clunks like that is often worn bushings or perhaps the shocks.
    When was last NCT? They test the shocks and look at the bushings at the NCT test.
    Droplink maybe?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

biko wrote: »
    Sounds like a bushing maybe? Hard to say without hearing/seeing it but clunks like that is often worn bushings or perhaps the shocks.
    When was last NCT? They test the shocks and look at the bushings at the NCT test.

That's the funny thing Biko. The NCT was done four weeks ago, just before I bought it! I made sure of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Then it's probably not the shock anyway.
    Bushings wear out as well as droplinks and this isn't always caught at NCT.
    A mechanic should be able to tell once car is on lift. They'll give you a quote.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭randy hickey

38509715.jpg

Sorry J, I just couldn't resist!That Laguna of yours has nearly generated more threads than Arleitiss's E46!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

Cheers Biko.

Very good Randy!! Reminds me of a scene in Planes, Trains and Automobiles!

I haven't heard that big "clunk" sound since so maybe its not too serious. I'll keep an eye on her though and if it comes back I'm going straight back to the dealer who sold it to me and have him mend the bloody thing!

Ta lads.

• Advertisement
Advertisement