Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Demon Shine

Options
  • 04-06-2013 1:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,701 ✭✭✭

I remember some discussions on the stuff before, but don't see a thread, (or a certain forum.. ahem how many days left :D )

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTVeuYhBNhkGUVj0xwlPSViY7-t5Ggxf5_e5BqhlGHGOZ5TTYNc5g

I was plodding around Halfords one day, feeling spendy & very lazy - (the silver bullet will never look particularly well after a detail so I couldn't bare putting down a whole day for such little payback)

So I Decided to try out this gear. I was expecting it to be a little bottle of snake oil/piss, but its actually some pretty class stuff, for what it is.. Give the car a good washin' (I use the AG Bodywork shampoo conditioner) Then Spray on the Demon shine - car can be wet, but i blow the heavy stuff off with the airline.., wipe it & you've got a decent bit of shiney & some beads. It works well as a glass cleaner too I might ad.

Do many of ye use it?

And, more importantly: what's the experts take on it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

I put it in a plant watering can and put like 1/10th a big bottle of it in a full can and use it as a drying aid for the final rinse

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

I'm eyeing up my bottle of it now :p. It's class stuff and gives a long lasting deep shine. It's good as a quick detailer if you don't fancy spending all day doing a full detail on your car.

@SG: What? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,223 ✭✭✭Nissan doctor

I got a 5L bottle that attaches to the hose and sprays onto the car on special in Asda the other week for only a fiver.

Its much handier then the normal spray bottles.

The stuff its self does a good job too. Paintwork still beads nicely after a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,289 ✭✭✭Supergurrier

Open hose on final rinse, don't use a sprinkler, unless you want to be drying all day(friction on paintwork when not needed is a nono imo) or have your car looking like a leopard the following day.

But yea it's a great drying aid

• Registered Users Posts: 4,973 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

it turned some of my black plastics on the wind deflectors grey on my civic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭BobBobBobBob

Bought a bottle of this yesterday and used it last night, it's good stuff and very easy to use. My car was sparkling this morning!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

I prefer Mantis instant shine.

I use it to finish off the car after a wash instead of wax. Works great on glass and black plastic too(doesn't run when it rains like some plastic restorers do).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,224 ✭✭✭deandean

I use the version in the spray bottle almost every time after I wash the car. I go around panel by panel, spray on and wipe off with a microfibre cloth. It leaves a very good shine and the beading lasts for a few weeks. I'm very impressed with it.

I also tried the version that you add to a bucket of water (like a rinse aid) but I found this still left watermarks that had to be taken off with a microfibre.

So yes, I give the trigger-spray version a big thumbs up. And it's very good value for the money.

Advertisement