Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Habitual Residency

• 15-09-2013 6:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭

is there anyone who has personal experience with this ??:mad::mad::mad:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭234

It might help if you provided more context; habitual residence is a concept that crops up in lots of areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭jimb43

it is for JSA , i have been living in ireland now since23 june 2011, i come over from uk with my own recourses, and i have paid my bills, rent, tv licence , tax on car van basically i lived here and payed everything , never been in trouble and mind my own business. i was running low on funds about 3 months ago so i decided to actively look for work and sign on for a little help from the welfare. i went to a interview, with this chap and he treated me like a criminal. told me that i was not a habitual resident blah blah. so im not allowed any help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

jimb43 wrote: »
    it is for JSA , i have been living in ireland now since23 june 2011, i come over from uk with my own recourses, and i have paid my bills, rent, tv licence , tax on car van basically i lived here and payed everything , never been in trouble and mind my own business. i was running low on funds about 3 months ago so i decided to actively look for work and sign on for a little help from the welfare. i went to a interview, with this chap and he treated me like a criminal. told me that i was not a habitual resident blah blah. so im not allowed any help.

Occasionally I work with people similar to yourself trying to satisfy HRC , generally you need to proove you a have a close and sustained link to Ireland and the conditions the HRC may set for can be wide and varied.
    They for example may ask for proof of employment , rent paid , bank accounts , details of your connection with Ireland.They may also ask, for example , information about your previous accommodation in the UK , asking about tenancy etc.

You haven't said a lot about any work history here.

You can ask for a review in order to produce more information and also appeal any decision made .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭jimb43

i have not worked here at all. i come over herewith my own money and to sort my life out. PERSONAL ISSUES. now that i have my head back on track, im jusy needing a little assistance to live and survive, till such time as i find a job. i said to hi, i did not come here with my cap in hand i had my own recourses, the way they're treating me is making me wish i had of fraud my way through the last 2 years. ide probably have 10 grand about me, now instead of ten cent.
    i went and made a formal complaint about him, and i reckon that has a lot to do with it. THAT i expected but its been draaging on now 3 months and funds are getting low exstreemly low. bye the way im in limerick and i will take anything work wise that is on offer. ta jim

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 DavidHRC

I am having problems too, this habitual residency stuff is very hard, if you still need to share expiriency let me know, I can tell paper I was esk for and some information SW officer gave. all the best

Advertisement