Your house was built on a cemetary - would you be worried? - Page 4 - boards.ie
Boards.ie uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Click here to find out more x

25-02-2012, 01:28   #46
charlemont
Closed Account

If were I live had been built on a cemetery then surely even the ghosts/spirits would have left by now due to the junkies and wino's.
Advertisement
25-02-2012, 01:34   #47
44leto
Closed Account

I really could give a damn, I would live in the middle of Glasnevin cemetery if the rent was right. I have absolutely no belief in spirits, ghosts, life after death, none of that crap.

I have camped up on my own in lonely and so called spooky places and i have slept in a supposedly haunted room and i slept like a log.

Except once I had the total bejaysus frightened out of me when i awoke to a presence around my tent, I stuck my head out and my eyes adjusted and it was a big fukcen cow.
(2) thanks from:
25-02-2012, 02:32   #48
Washington Irving

Send a message via ICQ to Washington Irving Send a message via AIM to Washington Irving Send a message via MSN to Washington Irving Send a message via Yahoo to Washington Irving Send a message via Skype™ to Washington Irving
A lot of houses in my area are built on the site of a workhouse, part of which was a graveyard, though there are no houses built directly over the graveyard afaik
25-02-2012, 06:00   #49
Raditub

mmmh i dunno why..but yes! YES YES YES!!!
25-02-2012, 06:37   #50
mikeym

Yes I would be worried because your living on dead people.
Advertisement
25-02-2012, 10:25   #51
Goldfingers
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingernuts31 View Post
I suppose I would be worried but not alot you can do if its mortgaged . After we bought this house we were told 2 old brothers died in it back in the 70's. Where the original fireplace used to be is now a wall and the bathroom door is just opisite it so thats where the chair used to be and we were told they had died in front of the fire. Never thought anything of it untill get started getting a slight smell of stale cigarette smoke.

It would be right in front of the bathroom door, and I mean right in front of it not to the sides f it, you could walk right by and smell it then its gone once you passed the door. Friends of ours have gotten some weird feelings in the bathroom and the last time one of them was in having a shower and just as she came out she thought the saw someone walking into the room beside the bathroom, she thought it was my wife so she went in to her but there was no one in the room, she said it freaked her out big time.

So in short my house is somewhat haunted but nothing I can do about it and no harm has come to anyone living here so happy days.
Were the builders Staffords or Fanagans ?
25-02-2012, 11:35   #52
anmaorbeag

Personally, I have no bone to pick with graveyards. SB
25-02-2012, 13:21   #53
dolanbaker

If you really think about it;
the Earth's some 4.5 billion years old, has proven life existence for at least 500 million years.
By now millions of things have since died on the ground under your feet, if there was anything that continued after death, surly we'd have seen it!
Thanks from:
25-02-2012, 13:33   #54
downwithpeace

It wouldn't bother me but at the same time I wouldn't trust my imagination to act rationally to late night noises.
Advertisement
25-02-2012, 14:52   #55
metalfest

Quote:
Originally Posted by --Kaiser-- View Post
No, it wouldn't bother me, because I don't think zombie movies are actually documentaries
Famous last words...
25-02-2012, 18:00   #56
AnnaThe

As one of my former, mental colleagues said to me once "The dead can't hurt you it's the living you need to be scared of" as he looked at me with those real scary eyes ....... Thankfully I changed jobs a short time later.
25-02-2012, 18:19   #57
Robdude
Closed Account

Only if I were installing a swimming pool.
25-02-2012, 18:43   #58
Augmerson

Why would I be worried? Sure we burn the remains of million year old dead things to drive to Tesco to buy a naggin. It's grand.

Quick Reply
Bold
Italic
Underline

Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text

Decrease Size
Increase Size
Please sign up or log in to join the discussion