Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Sinclair C5 on Donedeal.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,463 ✭✭✭Solnskaya

Off the wall. I "drove" a brand new one a mate bought when they first came out and it was fun for about 2 minutes. After that they are just a plastic sledge with wheels and a washing machine motor, begging to be ground up under the wheels of a truck/jeep/anything else with wheels. They were heralded as the future of personal transport, but were naffer than a Segway and more dangerous than a street luge. Battery life was crap as well and charge time was measured in Millennia. At least they had pedals, to assist with getting them to the back of the garage as fast as possible, before anyone sentinent spotted the fact that you had shelled out £399.99 for one. A BBC Micro cost the same amount at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

Saab Ed wrote: »
    http://cars.donedeal.ie/for-sale/vintagecars/2714033

View2-8698680.jpeg

Ahead of their time or just off the wall! Still it would be a cool gadget to have all the same.

wow

thats a steal.

I have a boxed spectrum 48k this would be a good addition to the sir clive sinclair special edition bundle on ebay in 2040. !

• Registered Users Posts: 51,137 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Looks a bit knackered.

I have a working Commodore 64 in my attic, maybe it's worth a small fortune too and I can through it up on donedeal? :D

wow

thats a steal.

I have a boxed spectrum 48k this would be a good addition to the sir clive sinclair special edition bundle on ebay in 2040. !
    the zx spectrum was better built than the c5. Do you remember the rubbery keyboards and tupperware cases! Ah, fond memories of manic miner and frogger. The c5 was crap though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

Did anyone else think this thread was going to be about some special edition Citroen C5?

• Advertisement

Confab wrote: »
    Did anyone else think this thread was going to be about some special edition Citroen C5?
    only those under 35:D

Solnskaya wrote: »
    only those under 35:D

Hah! I'm 32, as it happens :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,382 ✭✭✭Fishtits

IIRC, the Sinclair C5 launch was a case study in how not to do it during a marketing lecture I once sat.

It was always going to be a hard sell, but the day they launched it was a wet & windy, the press photos were devastating.

It sank like a stone...

Fishtits wrote: »
    IIRC, the Sinclair C5 launch was a case study in how not to do it during a marketing lecture I once sat.

It was always going to be a hard sell, but the day they launched it was a wet & windy, the press photos were devastating.

It sank like a stone...
    if they launched it in California with Pamela Anderson at the wheelawkwardly placed steering yokey, it would still have sunk like a stone. I still remember the newspapers carying a photo of some wally riding/piloting/onanating one to work dressed in a smart suit. Prat was the word that sprang to mind.:)

Onanating. What a great word.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭Mr.Boots

WANT!!!!!!!

Really love these......gonna look into getting one next year....and i will use it on the street.

Mind this is coming from a guy who has one of these in his sitting room and thinks its cool
    GardenEggChair.jpg....:D

Solnskaya wrote: »
    the zx spectrum was better built than the c5. Do you remember the rubbery keyboards and tupperware cases! Ah, fond memories of manic miner and frogger. The c5 was crap though...

the boxed one I have I got from a car boot sale...

was surprised it even worked, was mint. got it for nothing... :P

prior to that I probably went thru about 10 spectrum membranes... at one stage i remember having an array of wires to make up for makeshift keys.

really was a superb yoke that spectrum.

wonder how many 3d marks it would get.:pac:

Confab wrote: »

nope

'Sinclair' C5 only meant one thing to me..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Thats the second C5 I have seen in two weeks! I saw one in a carboot sale about a week ago.
    Scrap they are.

Advertisement